PDA

View Full Version : Wait listed for lincoln

Racer-X
11-01-2012, 08:27 AM
Did anyone get wait listed last year? and did they get in after being wait listed?

I assume some teams do but I wonder how many and what is the normal drop out rate is for comp.

MarkSchaumburg
11-01-2012, 12:40 PM
If you look at the Lincoln student handbook from last year (it's under the Lincoln Competition on the FSAE website), some of the teams crossed out for various events also have dropped by there name. I assume they dropped out of the competition before hand, rather than being held out of a specific event for some other reason, such as not submitting something on time.

Racer-X
11-01-2012, 01:10 PM
That's a good idea, something else that I found is that on the results page it shows teams that have withdrawn from previous events. It turns out roughly 10% of teams that register each year withdraw.

Crispy
11-01-2012, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by Racer-X:
Did anyone get wait listed last year? and did they get in after being wait listed?

I assume some teams do but I wonder how many and what is the normal drop out rate is for comp.

I don't believe Lincoln had a wait list last year, only Michigan (link (http://www.sae.org/servlets/cdsNews?OBJECT_TYPE=PressReleases&PAGE=showCDSNews&EVENT=FORMULA&RELEASE_ID=1618)).

The results PDFs show how many teams drop out. (Edit: I was too slow, you already got it...)

Racer-X
11-01-2012, 09:00 PM
Lincoln does have a wait list, we're on it.