PDA

View Full Version : sponsering

mm davari
10-01-2006, 10:41 PM
Hi guys.
we are realy confused for attracting sponsors in our country. any suggestion for this matter to help us?

mm davari
10-01-2006, 10:41 PM
Hi guys.
we are realy confused for attracting sponsors in our country. any suggestion for this matter to help us?

Garlic
10-01-2006, 10:44 PM
Please do a search on this topic. There are loads of good threads.

Your situation is unique in your country most likely. So not sure how much anyone can offer pertinent advice.

But anything you need is on the forum already, so search, my son, search!!!

PatClarke
10-02-2006, 02:21 AM
MMDavari,

I know I have posted this before, but it's worth saying again.

As a marketing Manager for many years, I used get a proposal at least once a week from someone asking me to give him money to spend on his racing car. Despite my being a motor racing fan, I could never see value in this, so I simply tossed the applications in the bin!
However, if someone made an appointment with me I found it very difficult to give a flat refusal, so usually he went away with something.

I would down play anything related to "Racing" in your application. Instead concentrate on the educational competition facet of the competition.

Hint! If 'Racing' is part of your team name, then rename the team!! Serious!!

Always follow up any application with a call, even call before you send the proposal (In order that you get the right person). If someone rejects your proposal, in your follow up call ask if they might know another company you should approach.

Don't target companies that may already be at the limit of their commitments. Most companies have some money budgeted for special projects, get to it before someone else does. The best targets are always companies who can use what you or the competition have to offer.

There is not much point in talking to someone at a branch office, you have to find the main man.

Don't expect someone to give you money just because you ask for it. There MUST be something in the deal for the sponsor. Find out what might work for the sponsor (ask them!) and package this into your proposal.

Generally Engineers don't make good salesmen. Find a sponsor hunter...If necessary, let them take a comission, after all 90% of something is better than 100% of nothing.

When you do get a sponsor, look after them like gold, they are every bit as valuable.

Finally, don't get despondant after the first refusal...or the 99th either!

Good hunting
Pat

Jersey Tom
10-02-2006, 10:06 AM
I dont think many of us have experience with Iranian businesses..

PatClarke
10-03-2006, 03:30 AM
Tom,
Business is business, anywhere in the world. And it is all played by the same rules
Regards
Pat