PDA

View Full Version : fuel pressure problems

Wilso
05-11-2005, 04:44 PM
hey guys, here's the deal. Our car has been driving, we tore down to powder coat, rebuilt and try to fire the engine but the fuel pressure is 80psi when it was 45-50 psi. We run a F4i, walboro external pump, "Aeromotive" regulator, not the stock vacuum regulator but with the stock fuel rail. Any help or suggestions? We've tried the pump from the old car, tried adjusting the regulator, even put the lines and fittings from last years car on. We don't have another regulator but have cleaned it out. There is no logical reason why it may have broken.
Thanks in advance.

Wilso
05-11-2005, 04:44 PM
hey guys, here's the deal. Our car has been driving, we tore down to powder coat, rebuilt and try to fire the engine but the fuel pressure is 80psi when it was 45-50 psi. We run a F4i, walboro external pump, "Aeromotive" regulator, not the stock vacuum regulator but with the stock fuel rail. Any help or suggestions? We've tried the pump from the old car, tried adjusting the regulator, even put the lines and fittings from last years car on. We don't have another regulator but have cleaned it out. There is no logical reason why it may have broken.
Thanks in advance.

Wilso
05-11-2005, 05:03 PM
soon after posting this a team member suggested to check the return line...sure enough it was pinched under the tank.
This is the kind of thing that makes engineers bald, I know my engine guy was tearing his hair out!