PDA

View Full Version : prepping stiletto rack

poweredbyvdub
02-13-2006, 07:55 PM
we just received our stiletto steering rack from woodhaven and we ordered it completely unprepped, in case we decided to cut down the rack length. we chose not to, so now we're ready to prep the rack for installation. does anyone have a list of things that we should do before mounting the rack? i called woodhaven and i was given 2 completely different sets of instructions, so it would be great if someone could clarify. thanks.

poweredbyvdub
02-13-2006, 07:55 PM
we just received our stiletto steering rack from woodhaven and we ordered it completely unprepped, in case we decided to cut down the rack length. we chose not to, so now we're ready to prep the rack for installation. does anyone have a list of things that we should do before mounting the rack? i called woodhaven and i was given 2 completely different sets of instructions, so it would be great if someone could clarify. thanks.

Micko..
02-14-2006, 04:35 AM
it is really not that difficult.
there is a grub screw and a circlip that need to be removed, then it is just a matter of pulling the bearing and the gear out of the housing (they can be a bit tight sometimes). once apart (on a CLEAN bench) apply a liberal coating of the lube they give you and then reassemble it all. I found that the grease can form a seal between the shaft spigot and the housing recess and it would tend to push the whole lot out again but just push it in and wait a it for the pressure to realease, then circlip on and grub screw in. put the rack sleaves on and your done
hope this helps