PDA

View Full Version : anyone using ap racing balance bar?

satbat7
01-31-2007, 09:14 AM
is anyone using an AP racing balance bar? i have a few specific doubts regarding the same. i have just placed an order for CP5520-13 balance bar and master cylinders CP 2623

we are a first time team.

satbat7
01-31-2007, 09:14 AM
is anyone using an AP racing balance bar? i have a few specific doubts regarding the same. i have just placed an order for CP5520-13 balance bar and master cylinders CP 2623

we are a first time team.

fade
01-31-2007, 11:46 AM
what doubts do you have running that balance bar? The MCs you picked arent as efficient as the ones designed to work with that balance bar and depending on your pedal box design may be difficult to package. BTW how much did that balance bar cost you?

satbat7
02-01-2007, 12:50 AM
my push rod type is PRT (push rod threaded) 5/16"UNF while balance bar is CP5520-13 with clevises to suit 3/8" UNF push rods..

i need an adaptor in between to match the two threads with lock nut, which will also serve to adjust the length for minor adjustments,,
does ap racing provide such a adaptor? i can even make one..

do i get a cable adjuster for biasing along with the bias bar or do i need to order one seprately,, i have asked the same questions to AP guyz but not yet got a reply,,

i have designed the pedal box fine and have no problems with its packaging..

it cost me 300 pounds ..

Ianthegypo
02-05-2007, 09:35 AM
For lasts years car I used two CP2623 master cylinders. These were the M8 version however. These were coupled to a balance bar purchased from another company, it was also M8 spec.

When choosing the master cylinders I had two different bore sizes; 14mm and 15.8 mm I think they were. This difference gave a slight bias between front and rear to begin with, this meant the balance bar was a little easier to adjust. I ordered a cable adjuster but decided that it wasnt needed but could be useful if time had allowed.

KIMIKO
02-06-2007, 04:18 AM
We used two CP2623 master cylinders with 15,8 bore size?

Is anyone using an CP5500-9 Balance Bar Assembly?

satbat7
02-06-2007, 08:55 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by KIMIKO:
We used two CP2623 master cylinders with 15,8 bore size?

Is anyone using an CP5500-9 Balance Bar Assembly? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

even i am looking at CP5500-9 balance bar and am trying to order it cuz its compitable with CP2623.. how is this balance bar? are u using it?

KIMIKO
02-07-2007, 08:00 AM
Hi sat,

yes, we want to use CP5500-9 but we haven't decided yet. Go to AP Racing (http://www.apracing.com) they have discounts for formula student teams.

satbat7
02-07-2007, 09:17 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by KIMIKO:
Hi sat,

yes, we want to use CP5500-9 but we haven't decided yet. Go to AP Racing (http://www.apracing.com) they have discounts for formula student teams. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

they dont give discounts to non european teams,,,v even end up paying freight, customs(36%) and local octroi (5%),,v paid for every part v ordered for,,wheels, ecu, shocks and nor brakes.. its pathetic..juss tryin to get my frustration out..
anyway 5520-13 works fine with cp2623,, so i may just go for that..

satvik.

Nitesh
02-08-2007, 09:44 PM
Satvik, Just curious. What kind of budget are you guys working on? College giving a lot of money or big sponsors? Importing all of the above mentioned stuff must have cost you a bomb. What shocks are you guys getting?

satbat7
02-08-2007, 10:41 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nitesh:
Satvik, Just curious. What kind of budget are you guys working on? College giving a lot of money or big sponsors? Importing all of the above mentioned stuff must have cost you a bomb. What shocks are you guys getting? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi Nitesh,

Its like giving up our mkt strategy to u ,, but what the hec.. v have got one-third of our budget only but v r putting every buck on the CAR and not on traveling or transoprting or cost of staying in Germany... once the car runs.. hopefully v can change some indian mentality to put some money in motorsport rather than the ball and bat game..

I am so happy to see so many indian teams getting into this,, and hopefully our future teams get more sponsorship.. and u guyz really started it,,hats off to u.. (ur DCE right?)

last resort, we will have to pool in some cash.. v have got ohlins shocks,, and if u wanna know the custom v paid on the shocks, diff, wheels and ecu,, ,u will be really SHOCKED!
Ours is a private institution and there is no exemption v can get,,

I feel all of us shoud help each other out technicaly(there being not guidance) atleast and get the indian teams up there and winning..

chavez
02-08-2007, 11:41 PM
before you start talking about winning I would learn how to spell "v".....

Bill Kunst
02-09-2007, 04:24 PM
A guy from India with a german accent?! sort of cool...sort of really fricken annoying.

satbat7
02-09-2007, 08:11 PM
i really did not know that it annoys u guys so much.. i look upto u and mean no disrespect.. and the 'winning' was for the subsequent teams to come..

vandit
02-14-2007, 08:18 AM
hey satvik

good to see that u know ur suff well....but seriously what kind of budget u guys r working on...no offence but still as said above it must hav surely costed u bomb...and u said u guys r importing this stuff for ur car but i heard that u guys hav been to coimbatore or chennai n hav been practicing a lot....is this ur new car or just some modifications ...

and frankly speaking this time u import balance bar but am damm sure u wont import it next time bcoz it's so freaking easy to manufacture...

vandit
02-14-2007, 08:21 AM
and good to see that u r quiet frank about everything....i agree with u that import duty is the biggest shit to pay....

best of luck n keep up the spirits...