PDA

View Full Version : CLUTCH

AKAY
11-17-2010, 09:48 AM
I HAVE ENGINE CBR600RR CLUTCH IS NOT ABLE TO ENGAGE OR DISENGAGE WHAT I CAN DO?

AKAY
11-17-2010, 09:48 AM
I HAVE ENGINE CBR600RR CLUTCH IS NOT ABLE TO ENGAGE OR DISENGAGE WHAT I CAN DO?

exFSAE
11-17-2010, 09:52 AM
The clutch won't engage... or disengage... I'm not sure what state that puts it in. Perpetual slippage?

EHog
11-17-2010, 09:52 AM
Sounds like its broken. Kind of like your caps lock key is...

Dsenechal
11-17-2010, 01:17 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by exFSAE:
The clutch won't engage... or disengage... I'm not sure what state that puts it in. Perpetual slippage? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Its like clutch limbo...

But seriously, turn off the caps lock key, and maybe do some research hmm?

RollingCamel
11-17-2010, 01:53 PM
Looks like Helwan's new team.

AKAY
11-17-2010, 02:52 PM
disengaged

Boffin
11-17-2010, 02:59 PM
So it is constantly locked up?

Is the clutch shaft of the side of the motor turning?

Does the clutch feel as heavy as it should?

Has it been working fine before this?

coastertrav
11-17-2010, 03:06 PM
You sheared off the clutch pin. Would have been faster to take the clutch cover off than post and wait on a forum.

You should learn to dig in wrenches first than wait for someone to hold your hand.

Mikey Antonakakis
11-17-2010, 03:15 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by coastertrav:
You sheared off the clutch pin. Would have been faster to take the clutch cover off than post and wait on a forum.

You should learn to dig in wrenches first than wait for someone to hold your hand. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes and yes and yes.

AKAY
11-17-2010, 03:24 PM
wait wait i didn't wait for someone to hold your hand but i haven't any experience in clutches diagnostics so i didn't want to disassempeled any thing before i know every thing about that...sorry for question

coastertrav
11-17-2010, 03:32 PM
The easiest way to learn would have been to take it apart and realize that 98% of the items you ever take apart go back together exactly the same way they were disassembled.

C'mon, didn't you ever take apart your mothers toaster to try and figure out how it worked when you were younger?

RollingCamel
11-17-2010, 03:40 PM
There is an Egyptian say "Give the bread to its baker". It is interpreted as it is better to leave everything to be done to its maker. Rarely you'll find Egyptians who'd paint their room and they fear to make mistakes. We had the same problem with our engine team, even the stock wiring they weren't willing to try and attach it, although they had the wiring diagram.

AKAY
11-17-2010, 03:42 PM
thanks coastertrav for this advice . and i will do that

exFSAE
11-17-2010, 07:56 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RollingCamel:
There is an Egyptian say "Give the bread to its baker". It is interpreted as it is better to leave everything to be done to its maker. Rarely you'll find Egyptians who'd paint their room and they fear to make mistakes. We had the same problem with our engine team, even the stock wiring they weren't willing to try and attach it, although they had the wiring diagram. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually a pretty good cultural note. Polar opposite in the US.

coastertrav
11-17-2010, 08:08 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by exFSAE:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RollingCamel:
There is an Egyptian say "Give the bread to its baker". It is interpreted as it is better to leave everything to be done to its maker. Rarely you'll find Egyptians who'd paint their room and they fear to make mistakes. We had the same problem with our engine team, even the stock wiring they weren't willing to try and attach it, although they had the wiring diagram. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually a pretty good cultural note. Polar opposite in the US. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wow, I didn't know that. I'm actually a little sorry for my words now. I guess that's why to many of us it seems like the teams over there are lazy, when in fact I guess that isn't true, they are just trying to learn how to work outside their comfort zone (and why my mom's toaster comment probably will not be appreciated over there).

Cultural difference noted though, I'll remember that in the future.

Drew Price
11-18-2010, 10:36 AM
There are similar cultural stigmas to either physical work or 'messing-with-things-you-know-not-about' that I have learned some about in the far Eastern countries like China and India as well. It's the unusual students / workers who are willing to do the theory and the grunt work themselves.

About half of the doctoral students in the manufacturing lab I worked in were from mainland China and had very little hands-on skills. They knew it was a problem and wanted to learn to get better at it, but it had been drilled into them for 25 years prior that 'workers' are who maintain and build the equipment, and the 'workers' are a lower class than people who go through higher education programs.

Once I learned that I had a lot more respect for the teams I met at comp who were even able to show up, like reading about RollingCamel's tribulations with their 'Advisor' last year.

Drew

RollingCamel
11-18-2010, 10:44 AM
My best experience in the competition is getting to speak with Oklahoma's aerodynamics guy. I hold so much respect for him and his team, although his special condition he and his team were able to communicate and be a productive member/team.

Btw, no unwanted sympathy feelings here, just earned his respect.

RollingCamel
11-19-2010, 07:51 AM
One thing I want to say to Helwan team. Being an aggressive competitor is something I understand and respect. But don't over do it, the line between aggressive and plain assholes is quite thin.

Peace...

AKAY
11-20-2010, 07:46 PM
Why do you say this statement ?

RollingCamel
11-21-2010, 12:22 AM
Last year team was kinda....unfriendly to put it best and quite unwilling to help new teams as Tanta and Cairo, in fact some did get offended. Plus, while it is quite a good media coverage all what is said in it is B$. Well, I can't blame them for saying the half truth they can use for themselves.

Be cooperative with and compete against new teams. Try spreading FSAE, and good luck.

I hope you make better use of your funds this year...

AKAY
11-21-2010, 02:33 PM
isa i will be cooperative but stresses on the first team due to work and other somethings it's the reason of your impression and this words about any proplem between us must be in a brivate message.
and about funds no funds till now.i hope to listen good news about your team.