PDA

View Full Version : Rear end Diff and Axle Design

Shaggy
08-22-2011, 08:00 PM
Hello. I am attempting to design and build a formula SAE style chassis for my own personal use. I am looking for some help on the rear end portion of the design. My engine is planned to be a 600cc single rotor engine. I am not sure on the transmission, differential, hubs, or brakes. Please can you help me with my small issues.

Shaggy
08-22-2011, 08:00 PM
Hello. I am attempting to design and build a formula SAE style chassis for my own personal use. I am looking for some help on the rear end portion of the design. My engine is planned to be a 600cc single rotor engine. I am not sure on the transmission, differential, hubs, or brakes. Please can you help me with my small issues.

whiltebeitel
08-23-2011, 08:01 PM
if you want to run a soild axle, you can use off the shelf parts from mini sprint cars. Independent rear suspension cars can use Torsen diffs like the Taylor Race piece. Taylor also offers tripods and axles.

As for brakes, Wilwood calipers, Brembo motorcycle rear calipers, etc. are common, cheap, and reliable. For instance, the Brembo 34C calipers are ~$90 each.

Hubs, well you can use pretty much anything from VW hubs to custom one-off deals.

Spetsnazos
08-29-2011, 11:08 AM
What do you mean single rotor? Single rotary engine?

Your designing the chassis, but you're asking about the transmission, brakes, etc. Wut?