PDA

View Full Version : SUPRA SAE INDIA

sarthak nayak
08-01-2010, 01:10 AM
Well the decision is final that Maruti suzuki is going to sponsor the engine and transmission & J K tyre is going to sponsor the tire and rim,so the teams who get pass under the scrutiny level are going to only fabricate the rollcage basically,other things are going to change as per time,as the rules in the rulebook itself are changing as per time.
Off course its a helping hand & motivating step keeping eyes for all the 50 teams to fabricate the car,but its not a technically sound step.
As SUPRA India committee can spend money & call Mr.claudde roulle for being the judge & take workshops,now the committee only wants to make the car which can not be said student built FORMULA style car where no one is also allowed to do any technical work,only assembly.
Also the rule is that we can not tamper the engine and trasnmission,and we have to only assemble it in the rollcage.No use of turbocharger or supercharger.
Publishing the RULEBOOK after 6 months of the registration of the event and since then changing the rules is like one man decission.
So its very high time for the SUPRA INDIA committee to decide that what they are going to finally organise.Keeping the students in dark is not the correct way of organising the FSAE (SUPRA INDIA) event.
well,my international friends,there is no need to worry about the speed,as its not going to exceed 70km/hr and the competition is not going to be at par with the international level.It has to take another 5-6 years to match the international level standard when everyone would be thinking about making a good car,rather than just participating in the competition.
For more information regarding SUPRA,visit-www.suprasaeindia.org

sarthak nayak
NIT Rourkela,India

Taher
08-03-2010, 05:02 AM
i totally agree with you sarthak. has your team purchased anything as of now?

Taher
NIT Surat, India

buggaero
08-03-2010, 05:47 AM
A stock M800 Engine reaches not->60 in 10secs.
Putting The same in a spaceframe of less than 50kg will bring down the time to around 6secs by itself.

Now i guess the track has a 250m straight stretch where if you know how to throttle in power band i guess ....pulling it for just the first 200meters should take you 11secs and going by F8B engine performance curve mounted on a spaceframe ...you are gonna reach somewhere over 95kmph.
Better Do your maths first before making Absurd Claims here. That too when 120kmph has already been declared. And yeah.... This little peace of knowledge was no secret. Just that you were Ignorant.

BUT I BELIEVE THIS IS DANGEROUS AND WILL NOT END WELL. Thanx to HEADLESS SUPRA Organizers.

sarthak nayak
08-03-2010, 11:55 AM
@buggaero,thanks for the piece of knowledge.
i am sorry about my ignorance.i was unaware of the straight track(250m) of MMSC Track.
But the front:rear weight ratio would not be a stable one with this maruti engine.i think that there would be some amount of power losses during the race & the weight of the spaceframe is not going to be 50kg with 40mm OD tube.
@taher,we were about to procure the things.

buggaero
08-03-2010, 12:25 PM
You are thinking in the right direction now....

The game is far from over. We were all very enthusiastic about FSAE India but things didn't turn up as expected. OKAY...Now

We'v got different preferences in the current scenario. Think like an engineer http://fsae.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
You are here to make unstable things Stable.