PDA

View Full Version : Missouri S&T - steel shop in MO

Wesley
11-21-2011, 10:22 AM
Hey anyone from S&T, I was watching American Pickers and could have sworn I saw a picture of your 2009 car on the wall of a steel plant they were at in Missouri. I can't remember the name of it now. You guys get your frame materials locally?

rollcentre
11-23-2011, 04:38 PM
That was Shapiro's Metal Supply & Salvage in St. Louis. We would buy all out stock aluminum and steel from them & EMJ Co., another local shop.

I know the poster you're talking about, can't remember which year car that was (08 maybe.)

-Mike
UMR Alum '06-'10

Hector
11-23-2011, 04:43 PM
Small world. I live about a mile away from their shop.

Faterooski
11-28-2011, 11:41 AM
Small world. I live about a mile away from their shop.

I'm hoping you live west of Shapiro's near UMSL and not the warzone that is Pine Lawn and Wellston. It was bad enough a couple years when I was at Wash. U...I've heard it is even worse now through there. Shapiro's is a really cool place to go through though....definately some interesting (but all really nice) folks working there.

Wesley
11-28-2011, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by rollcentre:
That was Shapiro's Metal Supply & Salvage in St. Louis. We would buy all out stock aluminum and steel from them & EMJ Co., another local shop.

I know the poster you're talking about, can't remember which year car that was (08 maybe.)

-Mike
UMR Alum '06-'10

Nice. Maybe that's enough of an in to get Discovery to do a show on FSAE....