PDA

View Full Version : What happened to Georgia Tech?

Hoosier Daddy
05-25-2005, 03:30 PM
What happened? You guys signed up and never made it.

Didn't I see a few guys wearing GT Jerseys though?...

Homemade WRX
05-25-2005, 05:00 PM
I was wondering the same thing...?

Kevin_Bray
05-26-2005, 12:54 PM
Unfortunately, we simply did not have a running car to bring. Too be fair, everyone on the team deserves the blame. But, in the end, we did not have a powertrain.

While running behind in fabrication/assebmly is nothing new to our team, we could always count on the steadfast dedication of the members to pull through in previous years. This was not the case this year.

The remaining team will carry on and bring a well-tested car to Detroit next year. I was happy to see so many new and experienced members still wanting to come to competition to spectate and learn what it's all about.

Our work was good, but our TEAMwork was not.

Kevin_Bray
05-26-2005, 01:15 PM
I would also like to add my apology to the team that didn't get the chance to compete because we registered in their place.

GTmule
05-26-2005, 03:08 PM
I'm of the opinion that if a team withdraws at some point, another team should be allowed to take their place. Had Tech known they werent going in March, I'm sure SOME team would have wanted to take their place??

-chuck

jack
05-26-2005, 03:21 PM
we (WWU) withdrew way back in december, and they didn't put a team in for us. SAE counts on the fact that some teams won't show up, because even with 120 cars, they are at maximum capacity.

kozak
05-26-2005, 05:33 PM
I don;t understand why they can't expand the event in some way.

Tony K
05-26-2005, 07:41 PM
The Formula SAE West event was added to expand the event. I believe it's going to be limited to 70 or 80 teams the first year, but that should help to accomodate the overflow at least for now.

Lyn Labahn UW-Madison
05-26-2005, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by Kevin_Bray:
Unfortunately, we simply did not have a running car to bring. Too be fair, everyone on the team deserves the blame. But, in the end, we did not have a powertrain.

About a month ago I downloaded a video off your website that appeared to be this year's car driving? Do you mean the powertrain was extremely unreliable? Was the video of an older car?

OmniscientGT
05-27-2005, 08:19 AM
The latest video shows last year's car (car #4) driving. I'd be hard pressed to make a good video with footage collected from only the newest car. In fact, the latest video doesn't have any real life shots of the new car, but the CAD views are of this years design.

Learn to work the people, not the process.

Cheers