PDA

View Full Version : rod end

romkasponka
03-04-2005, 09:34 AM
Hello,

Could you help me to select correct rod end. I'm not building a formula SAE car, it will be two seter, but main principles gona be the same.
Weight, i suppose, gona be about 350-400kg. I think what the main factor for selecting rod end is distance from lower und upper joint and the distance between inner joints.

Thanks for advice!

romkasponka
03-04-2005, 09:34 AM
Hello,

Could you help me to select correct rod end. I'm not building a formula SAE car, it will be two seter, but main principles gona be the same.
Weight, i suppose, gona be about 350-400kg. I think what the main factor for selecting rod end is distance from lower und upper joint and the distance between inner joints.

Thanks for advice!

PatClarke
03-04-2005, 10:40 PM
Rom, the reason you have had no response to your enquiry is that noone out here in Forumland has any idea what you are talking about!
PDR

Frank
03-05-2005, 12:59 AM
sounds like your car might end up a bit heavy.

You'll probably be best with 5/16" heat treated rod ends

Try aurora RAM-5T (teflon liners)

regards

Frank

romkasponka
03-06-2005, 10:44 AM
sorry for my englisch http://fsae.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

For example if my car weight 500kg, and distance between upright p/u points is 230mm. Is there some principles how to select for cicuit racing rod end, and safety factor?

romkasponka
03-06-2005, 11:00 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Frank:
sounds like your car might end up a bit heavy.

You'll probably be best with 5/16" heat treated rod ends

Try aurora RAM-5T (teflon liners)

regards

Frank </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The weight is only prediction. I modeling car in solidworks. Now the weight is 235kg, but modeling is not finished yet. Engine i will take from hayabusa, CBR1100xx or ZX12. There are engine, frame, mannequin, wheels and steering wheel.
What about camber gain? If suspension travel in bump gona be about 50mm should I to pay attention at this?

fade
03-08-2005, 11:09 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> If suspension travel in bump gona be about 50mm should I to pay attention at this?
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>
its probbably a good idea. spherical joints only allow so much rotation. they do make high misalignment versions but their axial capacity is less and they weigh more.

romkasponka
03-09-2005, 01:41 PM
what do you mean "axial capacity", could you explain? I don't knew such term.

fade
03-09-2005, 05:27 PM
read this (http://www.aurorabearing.com/2003-04_Internet_Catalog.pdf)