PDA

View Full Version : SERIOUS HELP NEEDED

JR @ CFS
06-10-2007, 12:21 PM
hello FSAE land.

Our guys (Chalmers) have just wrecked their Fazer engine and are having us ship out some parts tomorrow night to try to salvage the engine. They have damaged the clutch and bent the crank shaft. We have a scrap engine here where we are going to take out these parts and ship them. But, if this fails, we need an 04/05 Yamaha Fazer engine for the FSAE West competition.

We have spent a lot of money getting the car all the way there from Sweden and because of the deal with the container, cannot take anything but a car. We would really appreciate the help. As far as I am aware, the team were testing in phoenix in preparation for the event and are heading to california soon. Can someone somewhere please help us....sound desperate, we are! We will take anything!!!

TG
06-10-2007, 12:34 PM
I'll pass the word to my friend who heads up a large motorcyle group out here (Phoenix metropolitan area)... Could you PM me with some contact info that I could send along, too?

Iloper
06-10-2007, 01:16 PM
Here is some more info about our problem.

As Jonny wrote the car is right now in Phoenix.

But the other half of the team is right now in Fontana, Los Angeles, close to the comp. track.

We are looking for parts on both places.

The engine on the car is a Yamaha Fazer 600 (FZS600) from 2005.

Right now it it looks like a new crankshaft and bearings would be sufficient to fix our problem.

We appreciate any help, either by selling us parts or by helping us to find the parts.

Please reply here or email: v02jope@gmail.com

My phone is +46 708 857366 I'm in Fontana CA

Thanks

/Per
Chalmers Formula Student

penix-grp
06-10-2007, 01:30 PM
We are also interested in buying a used engine, could be either an r6 or a fazer, or just the crankshaft, works with r6 as well.

thanks for any help

/the other part of chalmer-team (penix-grp)

pablo180
06-10-2007, 02:45 PM
Sorry to hear about the bad luck. We do have an extra crankshaft here in the lab from a 2005 R6. It would have to be checked at a machine shop to make sure it is within spec. We are located about one hour away from the Fontana speedway.

My cell number is 818-917-8277

I hope this reaches you guys on time.

penix-grp
06-10-2007, 11:45 PM
Awsome!

The the guys in Fontana have tried to contact you, they will try to get in touch with you tomorrow morning again.

Thanx!

Penix-grp

Pete M
06-11-2007, 06:29 AM
I hope you get what you need to compete.

But... how did this happen?

js10coastr
06-11-2007, 12:39 PM
Yamaha Motor Corporation, USA
6555 Katella Avenue
Cypress, CA 90630

Customer Relations
(800) 962-7926

About an hour south west of Fontana.

TG
06-11-2007, 08:36 PM
One of the guys in my friends club has a crashed '05 R6... he's going to see it tomorrow. If it is considered totalled by the insurance company, they will be parting the engine out. I told him that you need it soon so he is aware of that.

Mikko Ahola
06-11-2007, 11:07 PM
Hope you guys can get the car ready! Post up some pictures if you can! And a little story would be intresting also when you have time after winning the competition http://fsae.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Good Luck!!!

Bryan Hagenauer
06-12-2007, 12:27 AM
We've always had great luck with http://www.jcmotors.com/ Tell them what you need, they may have it or some other torn up motor you can combine to make a whole.