PDA

View Full Version : Trouble with CO2 powered shifter

wmumac
11-25-2007, 06:52 PM
I'm building a shift for your car but i'm having trouble with the pressure regulator not having a high enough pressure inlet. I'm just wondering if other teams that used CO2 shifter used to solve this. I have a couple different ideas to try but other peoples input can always help.

Thanks

wmumac
11-25-2007, 06:52 PM
I'm building a shift for your car but i'm having trouble with the pressure regulator not having a high enough pressure inlet. I'm just wondering if other teams that used CO2 shifter used to solve this. I have a couple different ideas to try but other peoples input can always help.

Thanks

Dennis Seichter
11-26-2007, 12:40 AM
Hi,

can you specify your problem? We are running a CO2 shifter with pressure regulator for the second year now, you might want to contact daniel.winter(AT)ka-raceing.de about it.

Regards
Dennis

Mike Sadie
11-26-2007, 05:19 AM
you cannot use a regulator designed for a shop compressed air system or similar. they are only rated to about 120-150 psi. You must use an appropriate regulator for the high pressure. Almost every team uses some paintball regulator designed for use directly from a co2 bottle.

Brian S
11-27-2007, 12:27 PM
Last year we used a Stabilizer from Palmers Pursuit http://www.palmer-pursuit.com/online-catalog/stabilizer.htm

Mike Sadie
11-28-2007, 11:18 AM
ya, the palmers stabilizers are probably the best regs that can do low pressure with co2. just order the low pressure version (it has a different spring in it). You can reliably hold the pressure anywhere above about 90 psi in my experience. Just be super careful not to get any liquid co2 in the reg or it will destroy the seals.

on a side note: some people actually use these regs for beer taps.

Fischer
12-16-2009, 07:24 AM
This regulator really look very good, but does anybody know if it also works with air, instead of CO2? And what about the adjustability? Our system can't support pressure exceeding 120psi, and the working pressure will be 90psi.