PDA

View Full Version : exhaust retainer spring hooks

CMURacing - Prometheus
03-02-2005, 11:02 PM
Anyone know where I can buy these or what I can make them out of? (the hooks that are used with retainer springs to hold exhaust pieces together)

They're too thick to be wire, and we can't find any rod thin enough.

need to be steel, as that's what the exhaust header is.

CMURacing - Prometheus
03-02-2005, 11:02 PM
Anyone know where I can buy these or what I can make them out of? (the hooks that are used with retainer springs to hold exhaust pieces together)

They're too thick to be wire, and we can't find any rod thin enough.

need to be steel, as that's what the exhaust header is.

MikeWaggoner at UW
03-03-2005, 12:03 AM
The ones I've seen were just springs with the ends bent, eg:

http://www.mfgsupply.com/m/c/02-375.html?mv_pc=Froogle

Try searching for exhaust spring at your favorite supplier...

CMURacing - Prometheus
03-03-2005, 09:05 AM
we have the springs as you show in the picture, i'm wondering where to buy the accompanying hooks that can be welded onto the header etc.

Dan Deussen @ Weber Motor
03-03-2005, 09:41 AM
You can easily make the hooks yourself from TIG welding filler wire. Just cut them to length and bend them over a small piece of round stock. It doesn't get much easier and cheaper.

CMURacing - Prometheus
03-03-2005, 10:03 AM
hahaha. didn't think about that cuz we were fresh out of TIG filler when I was looking. thanks.

Big D
03-06-2005, 08:37 PM
go and get a bicycle spoke from your neigborhood shop, shouldn't run you more than $.25. Or you could just clip one out of that derelict bike that never leaves the stand outside the door of your building...... although you'd be kind of a bastard for doing that.

Daves
03-15-2005, 10:46 PM
I'd recommend Stahl headers.

We may have bought ours from S&S headers, but they have disappointed us with their failed delivery promises this year.