PDA

View Full Version : master cylinder

ks
11-08-2009, 10:16 PM
what is the prefered value for bore diameter of master cylinder?

ks
11-08-2009, 10:16 PM
what is the prefered value for bore diameter of master cylinder?

Kirby
11-08-2009, 10:34 PM
42 arbitrary bore units.

wait....

Big Mo
11-08-2009, 10:43 PM
two pi

alumasteel
11-08-2009, 10:48 PM
Eleventy billion

Adambomb
11-08-2009, 11:10 PM
I prefer using area units for my master cylinders, takes that extra oh so hard step out of calculations.

I like around 3-7 milli-acres.

Wait...calculations???

Pennyman
11-08-2009, 11:44 PM
USE YOUR BRAIN!!!!!

The AFX Master
11-09-2009, 05:03 AM
I think this guy ks is a forum troll/spammer that enjoys getting flamed and post topics accordingly...

Or he's a complete and real douchebag

Stocky Fast 1
11-09-2009, 09:12 AM
I wonder if this is the same person who asked the exact steps to design a chassis or the one who wanted to know what a brake pedal should look like. I nearly went on a 5 page rant with those two. I find it interesting that some of these simple to answer questions have to do with brakes, which I design and know it is relativily easy.

I prefere to use 55mm pistons in my master cylinders and 18mm pistons in my calipers.

HoggyN
11-09-2009, 10:08 AM
Stocky

Your new website is cool.

But the Contacts page has an image problem.

Tim.Wright
11-09-2009, 10:17 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> what is the prefered value for bore diameter of master cylinder? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Preferably twice the radius mate...

Tim

Adambomb
11-09-2009, 05:28 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by The AFX Master:
I think this guy ks is a forum troll/spammer that enjoys getting flamed and post topics accordingly...

Or he's a complete and real douchebag </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

t21jj brought this up to me as well, and I'm inclined to suspect the same. Only he suspects it might be an old timer razzing us on, since he seems all too aware of the "right" questions to ask. Hard to sort out from the rest of the "design this for me" posts out there.

Although it does add "garbage" to the forum, I can't help but be amused by the replies.

t21jj
11-09-2009, 05:58 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Adambomb:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by The AFX Master:

Or he's a complete and real douchebag </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

t21jj brought this up to me as well, and I'm inclined to suspect the same. Only he suspects it might be an old timer razzing us on, since he seems all too aware of the "right" questions to ask. Hard to sort out from the rest of the "design this for me" posts out there.

Although it does add "garbage" to the forum, I can't help but be amused by the replies. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, gut instinct tells me it's a forum regular stirring the pot. Most of the time after posts like this the person figures out the error of his ways and leaves or is integrated into the forum regulars. On the other hand if that's not the case then there is no hope.

Stocky Fast 1
11-09-2009, 08:04 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HoggyN:

Stocky

Your new website is cool.

But the Contacts page has an image problem.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We discovered some coding issues with it the other day and it took a few days to fix, just a few hours too late. The website is up and running fine now.

HoggyN
11-10-2009, 02:07 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Stocky Fast 1:

The website is up and running fine now. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The 'Contact the team' page pictures still aren't there... unless you all look like little red X's http://fsae.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Rotary Sprocket
11-10-2009, 04:18 AM
We like to keep everything a secret i guess. Even our team members appearances.

Zac
11-10-2009, 09:38 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rotary Sprocket:
We like to keep everything a secret i guess. Even our team members appearances. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's probably a good thing.