PDA

View Full Version : Ricardo is wave locking up my computer; anyone else had this issue?

dbsharp
07-14-2011, 06:15 AM
Like the title says my computer is locking up while using Ricardo Wave. It only does this while using wave. Has anyone else had a similar issue?

I'm in the process of learning the program and this problem is really aggravating.

wagemd
07-14-2011, 05:06 PM
What version of Wave are you running and what are your computer specs?

Spetsnazos
07-18-2011, 10:13 AM
What is your CPU performance while running wave?

Try downloading "All CPU Meter Gadget". Id give you a link but it will flag my post, just google that and you will get it. I don't remember now, but I'm pretty sure it comes with a "Core Temp" built in. Make sure thats installed and see what temperatures you're running across each core.

If everything is low, then its Wave. You're probably in some kind of endless loop where it can't calculate which causes the whole thing to freeze. Try going into task manager and killing the process if it still doesnt work.

Has it worked on other computers? Did you change something from a working simulation?

wagemd
07-18-2011, 11:54 AM
Also, try running an "Input Check". That will help isolate if it is an issue with your model setup or if you computer is having some issue.

dbsharp
07-21-2011, 06:38 AM
Sorry for the delayed response. Wave build is somehow causing the computer to lock up while preforming simple task.

wave version is 8.3.
computer is a 2.4 ghz quad core with 4 gigs ram running 32 bit windows 7

Spetsnazos
07-22-2011, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by dbsharp:
Sorry for the delayed response. Wave build is somehow causing the computer to lock up while preforming simple task.

wave version is 8.3.
computer is a 2.4 ghz quad core with 4 gigs ram running 32 bit windows 7

Do what I said in the post above and let us know what is going on.

It could very well be hardware just as much as it could be software related.

dbsharp
07-23-2011, 06:52 AM
OK. I have installed the program you suggested and I have not had the problem since :P

I am having a slight problem with the tutorial, maybe someone else has experienced this. When I run an input check in wave build, I get a failure message "'ENG:HEAT' block is required but not present". I have reviewed the tutorial a few times but I cannot find where my mistake is.

Any suggestions?

Andy W
11-23-2011, 10:25 AM
Im getting the same failure message

"BLOCK IS REQUIRED BUT NOT PRESENT"

please help

nvpF1crazy
03-03-2013, 07:17 AM
Make your engine (even if its a single cylinder) from Tools/Create Engine so that it comes with a grey coloured engine block. I got this same error when I ran WAVE with a single cylinder without the engine block.
"Block required but not present". Its a really stupid error! http://fsae.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

awadell
10-03-2015, 09:53 AM
Make your engine (even if its a single cylinder) from Tools/Create Engine so that it comes with a grey coloured engine block.

Hey so I did that and I'm still getting the same error, any additional suggestions?

Thanks!