PDA

View Full Version : need for an engine?

3ddivyank
08-09-2013, 03:12 PM
Hi!
we are a new team going to take part in FSAE India (SUPRA SAE INDIA) this year and we are in an urgent need for Honda cbr 600RR engine can anyone help us . Also can anyone provide us CAD sheet for the same to finalise our designs. we will be thankful to you guys.

Big Bird
08-09-2013, 05:08 PM
You urgently need an engine? To finalize your design? I think you have this design thing a bit back-to-front...

Jon Burford
08-09-2013, 05:15 PM
Please come and take some of the advice being given to you on the Supra Facebook page.
If you are trying to post a wanted advert, you are probably posting it in the wrong section of this forum.
Good luck

3ddivyank
08-10-2013, 06:25 AM
yes Big Bird we are having designs upto mainhoop ready . We only need to design our rear end of of our rollcage .If you can help us in some way please mail at divyankduttdwivedi@gmail.com.
Thanks!

3ddivyank
08-10-2013, 06:26 AM
Ok ...

Claude Rouelle
08-10-2013, 12:55 PM
THe car is a whole. Not only the choice of the engine and gathering its drawings is one of the first tasks in the design process but the engine installation will dictate many other car parts design even in the chassis front. This is a sad question. Who taught you about engineering design? If nobody did, did you at least read this forum before starting any drawing? Sad, very sad....

1. Concept
2. Simulation
3. Drawings
4. Manufacturing
5. Assembling
6. Testing/Breaking/Failure Analysis /Redesign / Remanufacture / Retest and so on

It seemed you rushed to step 3 without thinking about step 1 and 2

Building a race car is not about playing Lego.

3ddivyank
08-10-2013, 02:36 PM
yes sir,
as i already mentioned above that we are designing an fsae car for the first time and it is just our initial design not final one for the event . And for step2 as you have mentioned i require the weight , dimensions and specs of engine. Sorry if i might have done any mistake in designing the front part upto main hoop just for a prototype.
regards
Divyank

Claude Rouelle
08-11-2013, 06:51 AM
Then you do not need to speak about "urgent need"...

By the way who are you? Wouldn't it be nice (and courteous and professional) to introduce your self and tell the visitors of this forum who you are and where who are from?

As Big Bird recently mentioned this forum is about exchange, not a bottomless well for free help.

Your "urgent need" vocabulary and your inability (or unwillingness) to introduce yourself define you has needy and entitled. It will not help you to have warm responses, certainly not urgent responses.

So let's start again... Who are you?

Big Bird
08-11-2013, 08:04 AM
Originally posted by 3ddivyank:
yes Big Bird we are having designs upto mainhoop ready . We only need to design our rear end of of our rollcage .If you can help us in some way please mail at divyankduttdwivedi@gmail.com.
Thanks!

Divyank, I am not in the position to give much personalized help. If you look on these forums you will find plenty of stuff I have written to help new teams get started, as has Claude, and as have lots of other very knowledgeable people (look for Kevin Hayward, Scott Wordley, Pat Clarke, Kirk Feldcamp, Bemo, Michael Jones, Michael Royce, Z, just to name a few - or Jon Burford over on FB).

Please understand that your question makes it seem that you are really struggling with the fundamentals and it would be almost impossible to help you. To use an analogy, imagine if someone came to you and said - "I've just enrolled in a PhD in Astrophysics for the first time, I've written an introduction. Now I need someone to explain to me urgently what Maths is." Would you try to help? You would likely think this is just far too complex and put it in the "too hard basket".

Sorry not to give you an easy answer - because there are no easy answers. FSAE isn't like university where your teacher tells you what to do to get the correct answer. FSAE is more like trying to find a wife - you have to pick the one who appeals to you but is also achievable for you, you have to figure out how to impress her, you have to decide where you are going to take her for dinner and what you are going to wear and what your long term plan is and what you are capable of, you have to learn from your mistakes, and learn from the mistakes of others, you are the one who will get hurt if you get it wrong, you are the one who will fall over and you are the one who ultimately will have to pick yourself up again. But get it right and you'll be happy as a pig in ... a happy place. And you will be proud as Punch, because your success will be all because of you.

Apologies for the digression there, I had one of my moments...

Now, your task for now is to start reading these forums. No cheating. There is a good months worth of reading here to get you started, so if you get back to us before September we'll know you are taking shortcuts http://fsae.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Cheers!

AxelRipper
08-11-2013, 08:20 AM
600RR for SUPRA? I thought SUPRA still used the Maruti-Suzuki?

Jon Burford
08-11-2013, 08:58 AM
Geoff, that was beautiful.

Axel, thankfully not any more.