PDA

View Full Version : trying to start (suzuki gsx r600)

A_N_D_R_E
02-18-2007, 06:39 AM
We are trying to start the engine with the new ecu by PE (suzuki gsx r600), and we observe that on cylinder 4 and sometimes in the rest of the cylinders, it shows a flame, it would mean that the engine is firing out of time, but we actually have checked all the trigger wheel, and the cams, and we don't know what the problem is. I don't know if we are missing something or if we are doing something wrong.

I checked all the connection, the position of the coils and the injector are right.. the coils are in serie and injectors in parallel, the bank # 1 is with the cylinder # 1 and with the other that is in TDC.

We have changed the fuel map, thinking if there was something wrong with them due to that we are working with the original engine's admission system that allows much more air than our restricted one, so we tryed increasing the fuel in the range of 0-3000 rpm, but the engine didn't start.

We really apreciate your help.

Thanks in advance

Regards

Andre
www.fsae-luz.org (http://www.fsae-luz.org)

A_N_D_R_E
02-18-2007, 06:39 AM
We are trying to start the engine with the new ecu by PE (suzuki gsx r600), and we observe that on cylinder 4 and sometimes in the rest of the cylinders, it shows a flame, it would mean that the engine is firing out of time, but we actually have checked all the trigger wheel, and the cams, and we don't know what the problem is. I don't know if we are missing something or if we are doing something wrong.

I checked all the connection, the position of the coils and the injector are right.. the coils are in serie and injectors in parallel, the bank # 1 is with the cylinder # 1 and with the other that is in TDC.

We have changed the fuel map, thinking if there was something wrong with them due to that we are working with the original engine's admission system that allows much more air than our restricted one, so we tryed increasing the fuel in the range of 0-3000 rpm, but the engine didn't start.

We really apreciate your help.

Thanks in advance

Regards

Andre
www.fsae-luz.org (http://www.fsae-luz.org)

Parker
02-18-2007, 08:48 AM
one thing you need to make sure of is the firing order. Depending on what year GSXR it is, the firing order might not be right. Ours on the '05 GSXR goes 1-2-4-3.

A_N_D_R_E
02-18-2007, 02:06 PM
Hi,first of all I'm sure that the firing order is ok ,we have the same engine as you (1 2 4 3), I connected the coil # 1 (serie) with cylinders 1 and 4; and the coil # 2 with cylinders 2 and 3. the same thing with the injectors (parallel). and it doesn't start yet.. http://fsae.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

RKemmet
02-18-2007, 06:00 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">e range of 0-3000 rpm, but the engine didn't start. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
what does it do on try to start? have you checked the signal from the trigger wheel with an o scope, what you may need to do is a make another signal conditioner, its basically a resistor and a diode, ask PE what exactly it is, they made one for our gsxr, also you should be able to use the map that PE has on their website to get it started, you may need to advance the timing though.

neil trama
02-21-2007, 08:12 PM
On the 2001 to 2003? GSXR600 engine the crank position sensor wheel has 8 teeth.

In about 2004 that changed to a 24-2T configuration. i.e. the disc would have 24 teeth if the material had been removed for the 2 "missing" teeth if you get what I mean. This is a more accurate method of an ECU measuring crank position but of course the setup for one engine will not work on the other engine.

Perhaps this is the problem.

Neil

RKemmet
02-22-2007, 09:37 AM
wait wait, did you not change the crank trigger wheel to a 12-1?? you need to weld on a new outside wheel to the stock splined piece

IttyBitty
02-22-2007, 01:53 PM
I think that the 24-2 is the easiest to work with...and if you don't want to go through the trouble of modifying the trigger wheel yourself as the previous post suggested....just do what I did...

I have an '03...but I purchased the trigger wheel for the '04 - the splines fit perfectly, and its been a while since i did this, but I believe the crank position should be set to 107 degrees on your ecu...

good luck

Nika
GO BEARS!