PDA

View Full Version : Motec M4 At MIS

Dsenechal
05-05-2010, 06:10 PM
The University of Evansville is in a Situation. Our Motec M4 was fried last week, and sent back to California for repair. There are some bureaucracy issues with Motec, meaning nothing has been fixed, and things arent looking good to have it back by Tuesday, which is when we are leaving for Michigan. We will be doing our best tomorrow to figure out all the issues, and have it same day aired to us. No guarantees however.

This brings me to Our question. Considering the M4 is pretty old technology, do any teams have a spare / unused M4 from past years laying around they can sell or loan to us for Michigan if worst comes to worse? We would be most appreciative if somebody could help us out.

Thanks!

DougH
05-06-2010, 01:49 PM
Dsenechal,

I see no reason why we can't help. Missouri S&T can bring an M4 for you guys if you would like.

However, you need to figure out how and why it broke.

I or someone else can over night ship it to you if you want, just pay for the shipping.

Terms: if you break it, then you buy it.

Dsenechal
05-06-2010, 02:46 PM
Doug with Missouri S&T, NC State, and all other teams who have contacted me,

I appreciate your generosity! I am amazed at how helpful so many teams have been, This is a great community.

We fried our M4 with the welder somehow (and im not quite sure why as of now, electricity is black magic...) grounded out on the frame with the motec plugged in. Our wiring is in order, and the motec did spark before that incident.

We actually just got off the phone with a place in california, per the recommendation of somebody off this forum. We bought a barely used M4 at an excellent price, which should be in out hot little hands tomorrow morning at 10 AM.

We would still appreciate if you would throw your spare M4's in the trailer and bring them along, just in case the mailman has it out for us!

Again, Thank you all very much, and If there is anything Evansville can do for you all, dont hesitate to ask, or stop by and chat at Michigan.

See you all next week!!

Daniel

AJS
05-06-2010, 02:55 PM
This is why we always unplugged everything electrical on the car before welding ANYTHING to it. This includes the ECU, dash, and battery

Dsenechal
05-06-2010, 03:06 PM
Indeed, It screwed us pretty bad!

ibanezplayer
05-07-2010, 01:15 AM
Originally posted by AJS:
This is why we always unplugged everything electrical on the car before welding ANYTHING to it. This includes the ECU, dash, and battery

QFT

ALWAYS unplug electronics on any vehicle before welding. Its best to completley remove them, otherwise some one might unknowingly plug it back in...

Glad it all worked out though.