PDA

View Full Version : Floworks issues..

Dan Lentsch
10-08-2007, 06:45 AM
Hey I have a quick question relating to the 2007 edition of COSMOS floworks. We have been using floworks software in the past for doing minor CFD work, and now with the 2007 version are starting to have some really odd problems. Everything works just fine unless we try to flow a restrictor. We are getting negative pressures of like -6 billion Pascal's through the entire length of the restrictor. Obviously this is impossible, and what's really odd is that we are getting crazy results that worked just fine in 06 floworks.. Is anyone else having these problems, or are we just screwing something really simple up? I am about to try it on a non-student edition and will hopefully get some tangible results. Thanks for any advice!

Dan Lentsch
10-08-2007, 06:45 AM
Hey I have a quick question relating to the 2007 edition of COSMOS floworks. We have been using floworks software in the past for doing minor CFD work, and now with the 2007 version are starting to have some really odd problems. Everything works just fine unless we try to flow a restrictor. We are getting negative pressures of like -6 billion Pascal's through the entire length of the restrictor. Obviously this is impossible, and what's really odd is that we are getting crazy results that worked just fine in 06 floworks.. Is anyone else having these problems, or are we just screwing something really simple up? I am about to try it on a non-student edition and will hopefully get some tangible results. Thanks for any advice!

Dan Lentsch
10-08-2007, 07:37 AM
surprise surprise, same results in the professional edition of SW that I have at work.. I'll snoop around and see if we have something really wrong here.. maybe I accidentally am flowing hydraulic fluid rather than air or something.. atleast I am getting some positve pressure now, but -3x10^6 pascals seems a bit odd..

Dan Lentsch
10-08-2007, 07:42 AM
lol figured it out... we are trying to flow H2O through the damn thing.. nvm this whole post oops