PDA

View Full Version : They made it!

Claude Rouelle
08-05-2012, 08:17 AM
Wonderful!

K.J. Somaiya College of Engineering Orion Racing did pass technical inspection and completed all the 4 dynamic events of Formula Student Germany with in fact reasonable good speed. They were on track early. 9 cars before them did not complete endurance so Orion Racing car #27 were the first car in the Parc ferme.

There is still a lot to improve in the car speed and neatness but it is a major step in results. As I always advised, a car finished in March, early testing and good project management were the keys to their success.

I am extremely happy to see some of my criticism on Indian cars being proven wrong today.

I hope this is the story of a new beginning for Indian cars, that Orion Racing will capitalize on this performance to improve their car in the future. I also hope that they will share the spirit of success and confidence with other Indian teams so that all the whole Indian Formula student community will benefit from this performance.

I could not help to be somewhat emotional when I saw the team after their performance. Orion racing; you made my day today!

I will use one of the motto I saw today in Hockenheim to encourage Orion racing and all other Indian teams: Today is the last slow day of your life!

May God's speed be with you India!

Claude

Howy76
08-05-2012, 10:06 AM
Congratulations K.J. Somaiya College of Engineering on your achievements at this years FSG competition!

Howard

Jay Lawrence
08-05-2012, 09:21 PM
If i recall correctly, Orion were present at FSAE-A in December last year. It was the first time i'd seen an Indian car run (let alone complete endurance) and everyone was cheering them on which was very cool. If it's the same team I am thinking of then at least one of their drivers had never driven a car (of any sort) prior to the competition, which makes their completion of dynamic events even more impressive.

Shashi Maurya
08-05-2012, 10:31 PM
@Jay

We've never participated in FSAE-A. That would be some other team from India.

I'm expecting a post from the current team soon, once they manage their hangover from last night!

JimBilly
08-07-2012, 03:28 AM
Ya Orion was present in the last FSAE-A which was held in last December,Yeah even I saw the Indian Cars run for the first time in the competition which made the Event more Impressive.

Happy Indian
08-07-2012, 05:20 AM
Thanks Claude for the hearty congratulations and thanks a lot for all the motivation throughout FSG last week. Your comments and constructive criticism along with Pat's and Steve's at FSG and on the forum did definitely have an effect on all of us and we worked hard to prove to everyone that there is something like a successful Indian FSAE car.

We will definitely be sharing our experience with a lot of the other Indian FSAE teams to ensure that we have more competitive and successful cars coming out of India.

The wait is finally over! http://fsae.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Claude Rouelle
08-07-2012, 06:47 AM
Rehan,

Can you contact me directly at OptimumG to discuss a possible seminar in the near future in India?

Claude

DSR
08-07-2012, 07:26 AM
Hello All,

Congratulations to Orion India... http://fsae.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

And actually it was not Orion India in FSAE-A, it was IIT Roorkee in its first FSAE ever. We are always thankful to people like Claude, Pat Clarke and Big Bird (Geoff) who always encourage Indian teams to raise and do better. Hopefully, all the Indian teams shall do better and better in future competitions.

DSR
IIT Roorkee Motorsports

Saurabh_mech24
08-07-2012, 08:43 AM
Many Congratulations to Orion Racing from TorqueWorld Motorsports.
It has really given great boost to Indian motorsports arena & upcoming students. This milestone established by Orion racing will inspire more college based teams & hopefully we will have more Indian cars on tracks across the globe.
Special thanks to Claude,Geoff & Pat for their comments on Indian Motorsports teams.

Saurabh
TorqueWorld Motorsports
Pune,India