PDA

View Full Version : Where are you getting your radiator from this year?

Divinity
10-30-2006, 10:00 AM
Hey all-

I'm new at this cooling system bit and was hoping to get a little insight as to where people are sourcing their radiators from this year as Visteon is no longer supporting the SAE program.

C&R, etc.?

Thanks

Divinity
10-30-2006, 10:00 AM
Hey all-

I'm new at this cooling system bit and was hoping to get a little insight as to where people are sourcing their radiators from this year as Visteon is no longer supporting the SAE program.

C&R, etc.?

Thanks

Parker
10-30-2006, 09:21 PM
It's top secret. It's gonna be something "cool" in the same way our car was "cool" last year.

Parker

Chris_S
10-31-2006, 12:21 AM
Build your own. Get yourself a core, weld the end tanks on yourself, and any mounting brackets.

David M
10-31-2006, 09:07 AM
We got ours from Afco Racing. Most of their stuff is too big to suit FSAE needs, but they do make some radiators for ATV's and will make custom sizes as long as they have the right core size available.

David Mills
University of Evansville Formula SAE
Chassis Designer '05-'07

Dave Cook
11-05-2006, 03:45 PM
In 2000 Fluidyne made us a completely custom aluminum radiator for $250. I was left with the impression that was there standard radiator using one of their standard core sizes. Give them a try
http://www.fluidyne.com
and please post your experience with them if they are as easy to work with now as they were then. They put in all the sensor bungs I asked for and welded up custom aluminum end tanks.

Dave Cook
11-05-2006, 03:48 PM
Just a follow up on my last post, that was the Ontario California office that I dealt with, I imagine their east coast office probably operates the same.

Dave

Matador Motorsports
11-06-2006, 01:21 AM
C&R can build you the same radiators that Visteon used to provide since Visteon had C&R produce all of their stuff before Visteon tweaked them for every university. However it can get pricy, around $500...

Welfares
11-06-2006, 04:28 AM
For FSAE-A anyway, have a look at the Delphi range. I'm not telling you which one to choose though, as our former team leader said,
"Do the hand calc"

ad
11-06-2006, 05:36 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Welfares:
For FSAE-A anyway, have a look at the Delphi range. I'm not telling you which one to choose though, as our former team leader said,
"Do the hand calc" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Also for FSAE-A candidates,

Those looking for a completely customised core, can contact PWR (www.pwr.com.au). Height, width, thickness, flanges and fin pitch. They can even do slanted cores at a rediculous price.

Although the cores do sometimes differ from that you order, however slight; due to manufacturing and brazing shrinkage.

golfer17
11-07-2006, 12:36 PM
umm... we're working on that one... we know about exactly what we want, but budget constraints arent quite allowing custom made c&r's, so we're working on coming up with the next best setup that will fit our budget (which is much harder).