PDA

View Full Version : Full 3d Laser scan with hardpoints and datums for CBR600RR

Fil
02-25-2008, 11:22 PM
Hey guys,

Today we got our new '03 CBR 600RR laser scanned and holes CMM scanned. We have full hardpoints of every hole on the outer part of the engine, sump holes, ports, sprocket location, datum surfaces and 3d surfacing. All these points are accurate to within 25 micron.

If anyone is interested in getting a copy of this, we are willing to sell the models in IGES format. This did cost a fair bit of money to do, and the more teams who are interested the cheaper it will be.

If you are interested i can send you a picture of hard points and datums. We are getting the laser scan done next monday.

My email address is Philip.Juric@gmail.com

Let me know asap if you interested in getting a copy.

Cheers,
Fil Juric
Monash FSAE 2008

Fil
02-25-2008, 11:22 PM
Hey guys,

Today we got our new '03 CBR 600RR laser scanned and holes CMM scanned. We have full hardpoints of every hole on the outer part of the engine, sump holes, ports, sprocket location, datum surfaces and 3d surfacing. All these points are accurate to within 25 micron.

If anyone is interested in getting a copy of this, we are willing to sell the models in IGES format. This did cost a fair bit of money to do, and the more teams who are interested the cheaper it will be.

If you are interested i can send you a picture of hard points and datums. We are getting the laser scan done next monday.

My email address is Philip.Juric@gmail.com

Let me know asap if you interested in getting a copy.

Cheers,
Fil Juric
Monash FSAE 2008

Moke
02-26-2008, 02:24 AM
I'm sure last years engine is good for one more year. http://fsae.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Fil
02-26-2008, 03:08 AM
hahaha, ohh the old girl loves it. why not try for 7 comps on the trot. we went hill climbing with it on the weekend, it did ok.

It was actually an injector problem we had, but still the engine is very off song. i think its time to retire the old girl, she has been around the world a few times, seen a few interesting places and never once complained. Considering it started life out on our team as the fall back dodgy (break glass incase of emergency) engine its done pretty well. plus honda cracked it at us and wont rebuild them or give us spare parts for them anymore so its time to move into the 21st century.

The Gus
02-26-2008, 04:35 AM
I think this has already been done by Oklahoma University - am I wrong?

http://www.wwufsae.com/Shared_FSAE_CAD_Library/Engine/Engine_Models/Honda/
click on CBR600RR_from_OU.zip

Are these not the same motors?

JaredC
02-26-2008, 05:02 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Fil:
hahaha, ohh the old girl loves it. why not try for 7 comps on the trot. we went hill climbing with it on the weekend, it did ok.

It was actually an injector problem we had, but still the engine is very off song. i think its time to retire the old girl, she has been around the world a few times, seen a few interesting places and never once complained. Considering it started life out on our team as the fall back dodgy (break glass incase of emergency) engine its done pretty well. plus honda cracked it at us and wont rebuild them or give us spare parts for them anymore so its time to move into the 21st century. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

7 would be impressive. We nearly got 4 out of our first R6. Unfortunately after a year of hill climbing in 07, it decided the best time to retire would be on Saturday afternoon at comp last year, between autocross and endurance.