PDA

View Full Version : .

SAMII
10-11-2012, 07:49 AM

jlangholzj
10-11-2012, 08:07 AM
Originally posted by SAMII:
Im using ECOTRON's Small displacement EFI conversion kit and Ive one question to ask that when i connect an ECU to my computer while engine is running so the MAP sensor gauge shows static readings but how is it possible because MAP sensor is fitted b/w Inlet valve and Throttle and when i saw its waveform on oscilloscope i came to know that it is continuously varying and changes several times in a single engine cycle so what does gauge show ?

http://ct.fra.bz/ol/fz/sw/i49/5/3/20/frabz-I-DONT-ALWAYS-USE-PUNCTUATION-BUT-WHEN-I-DO-ITS-AFTER-5-RUN-ON-S-069442.jpg

Seriously though, we could probably help if you actually used the English language. That and I'm not real sure what the problem is???? Its going to read some static pressure when the engine isn't running and it will fluxuate some when it is running, so i see no problem in your description.

TMichaels
10-11-2012, 08:16 AM
The ECU is probably applying a low pass filter to the MAP sensor's input.

Racer-X
10-11-2012, 08:27 AM
How fast do the pulses change versus your sample rate? As the engine speeds up the frequency of the pulses will increase. If you have a relatively slow sample rate and a high frequency of events you will be missing data.

This is just a guess and take it for what it is. This is the first thing I would look into after I have confirmed that everything is hooked up correctly and functioning.

I am a little confused about where you have the sensor. You do have it downstream of the restrictor right? If you have it upstream you are not getting manifold pressure.

On a side note can you please use proper grammar. It makes life easier for the rest of us.

EDIT: Tobias is probably correct.