PDA

View Full Version : Power Curves

BeaverGuy
05-12-2004, 11:55 AM
I was wondering if people outthere would be willing to share there power curves with me. I will be writing a paper on the ideal engine for FSAE for my technical writing class and would like to compare power curves with the actual performance of vehicles at competition.

You can email them to me or post them here if you are willing.

gilletjo@engr.orst.edu

BeaverGuy
05-12-2004, 11:55 AM
I was wondering if people outthere would be willing to share there power curves with me. I will be writing a paper on the ideal engine for FSAE for my technical writing class and would like to compare power curves with the actual performance of vehicles at competition.

You can email them to me or post them here if you are willing.

gilletjo@engr.orst.edu

Ryan Schoffer
05-12-2004, 08:56 PM
im not going to give you our final runs that are a little better tuned as far as A/F ratio, and have alot more timing advance, but this should give you a general idea

Engine: CBR600 F4i
Modifications: removal of emissions controls
Intake: ~ 2L plenum, ~4 inch runners (tuned for ~10000 RPM the intake guys tell me)
Exhaust: 4 to 2 to 1 equal length headers, low restriction straight through muffler (tuned for ~9000 RPM according to my calcs)
Engine management: stock SMPI with DLI and a power commander piggyback

this run was done on a dynojet chassis dynamometer in 4th gear (at my work, we have done literally hundreds of pulls to get all the maps for the different throttle positions, this was probably after 30 or so runs tweaking the WOT mapping)

http://www.telusplanet.net/public/rasp08/poster/dyno.jpg

ReadySetGo
05-13-2004, 02:44 PM
Thats funny, we get that huge drop in power at around 3-4 grand too. We are using a 96 zx6r motor though. I wonder what causes that?

BeaverGuy
05-13-2004, 05:21 PM
Thanks for the curves.

We are running the zx6r also though a 2000 model and get the dip in the 3-5k region depending on which intake we use. I imagine that the dip, which was present regardless of runner length when they tested it a few years ago though it moved arond, is a function of the runner sizing and the intake ports sizing. When a certain combination comes together the dip moves. That dip was the most noticeable thing from the Virutal-4stroke model that I made, and at first i thought the model might be bad but when I looked at the real dyno numbers it was spot on.

Ryan Schoffer
05-13-2004, 10:10 PM
doesnt help our A/F ratio is all buggered in that run - when it is tuned a little better at low RPM that dip gets alot smaller