PDA

View Full Version : Crank teeth

Jonesy
11-25-2011, 02:55 AM
Hi, I'm using a motec m400 ECU. Last year we used a Suzuki K3 engine. This year we are changing to the K6 version. I'm just wondering if any has any experience whether if I plugged my ecu map from the K3 into the K6, would the settings be right and would it run in some way?

Jonesy
11-25-2011, 02:55 AM
Hi, I'm using a motec m400 ECU. Last year we used a Suzuki K3 engine. This year we are changing to the K6 version. I'm just wondering if any has any experience whether if I plugged my ecu map from the K3 into the K6, would the settings be right and would it run in some way?

Revolve_Engine
11-25-2011, 12:51 PM
It depends if both trigger wheels / hall sensors are the same, yes, both crank and cam sensor must be the same spec. I would check the k3s cams and trigger wheel compared to the k6, aswell checking the sensors.

Hope that helped.

Best regards,
Andreas - Revolve, Engine Tuning

Kirk Feldkamp
11-26-2011, 07:31 PM
I think the 2003 had an even 8 tooth ref, and the 2006 had a 24-2. Learn how to use the M400's oscilloscope function and you'll be up and running in no time. Motec has a few good webinars on their website for understanding and troubleshooting ref/sync.

TMichaels
11-27-2011, 03:23 AM
As far as I remember the 24-2 setup is used in the Suzuki engines since revision K4. We had to change the trigger pin on the camshaft by 90° since it normally lies exactly in the synch gap of the crank trigger and the Motec was not able to handle this setup according to their support. Maybe this changed with a newer firmware revision, but back in 2007 it was the case.

Changing the camshaft pin position is very easy and does not need to be exact, since the trigger signal is only used to arm the Motec for the synch gap signal.

Regards,

Tobias

Jonesy
11-27-2011, 04:54 AM
Thanks for the replies, I actually realised the change to a 24-2 tooth ref just after I posted this when I went out and looked at the engine again. Would anyone know of an approximate value the crip setting should have.