PDA

View Full Version : biasing by master cylinder and caliper

counter
10-29-2010, 06:27 AM
hi guys, I am doing work on braking and this is my first post.
I did biasing by choosing different sized hydraulic system for the front and rear and achieved the reqd. brake torque for front and rear without using bias bar or any proportional valve in my circuit. anybody plz. tell me if it is justifiable to use bias bar for this case??

counter
10-29-2010, 06:27 AM
hi guys, I am doing work on braking and this is my first post.
I did biasing by choosing different sized hydraulic system for the front and rear and achieved the reqd. brake torque for front and rear without using bias bar or any proportional valve in my circuit. anybody plz. tell me if it is justifiable to use bias bar for this case??

Joe17
10-29-2010, 07:22 AM
In the competition you have to lock up all four tires. You may need some fine tuning that the balance bar provides to accomplish this.

Demon Of Speed
10-29-2010, 07:34 AM
Your brake system will work just fine, as long as tire adhesion is exactly what you used to calculate everything. However, what you used to test/design for might not be what the competition surface might be, and worst case scenario, what happens if it rains (and in rain about half the time in Michigan). If you feel it is too much work now or don't like the idea of a bias bar, at least put a proportioning valve on the rear brake line.

Jay Lawrence
11-01-2010, 07:07 PM
The other thing to consider is that the practical car is different to the theoretical car, and that once it's driven you might find that your bias isn't what the drivers want. Also, the required brake torque will change based on weight transfer (obviously): hence, proportioning valve.

oh, and having high levels of adjustability is generally a good thing when presenting your car to the judges