PDA

View Full Version : Need suspension design

mohit549
09-04-2011, 09:24 AM
We are new to designing such components. pls help with the designing and softwares required.

t21jj
09-04-2011, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by mohit549:
We are new to designing such components. pls help with the designing and softwares required.

No. We do not give out handouts here. Also read the "If you are new here, click here and read this first..." thread at the top of this forum.

BMH
09-04-2011, 02:13 PM
It appears that you have done hardly any research on suspension design. I can guarantee you that no one on here will help you if you haven't done any research first. You really need to start reading some books to figure out the basics and all. Some books I recommend are the Carroll Smith Books and Race Car Vehicle Dynamics. From that you should be able to get a general idea where to start, and what kind of characteristics you want. Start out by finding what all variables you have and go from there.

As far as software goes, a CAD program helps, and a suspension geometry/kinematics software like Adams and the like will help.

RenM
09-04-2011, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by BMH:

As far as software goes, a CAD program helps, and a suspension geometry/kinematics software like Adams and the like will help.

paint can be a pretty decent substitute if you cant raise the funds for a cad software.

Zac
09-05-2011, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by RenM:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BMH:

paint can be a pretty decent substitute if you cant raise the funds for a cad software. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not a joke. You can do some legitimate kinematic analysis using ms paint.

Kirby
09-06-2011, 04:26 AM
Originally posted by Zac:
Not a joke. You can do some legitimate kinematic analysis using ms paint.

Who needs computers?

You CAN DO legitimate kinematic analysis with a ruler, a pad and a pencil.

(a calculator and a copy of RCVD will also be helpful)

Drew Price
09-06-2011, 09:41 AM
Carroll Smith's 'Design' book comes with directions on how to do SLA analysis using string and pushpins.

Spetsnazos
09-07-2011, 11:26 PM
I have all the answers. Just ask.

mohit549
09-07-2011, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by BMH:
It appears that you have done hardly any research on suspension design. I can guarantee you that no one on here will help you if you haven't done any research first. You really need to start reading some books to figure out the basics and all. Some books I recommend are the Carroll Smith Books and Race Car Vehicle Dynamics. From that you should be able to get a general idea where to start, and what kind of characteristics you want. Start out by finding what all variables you have and go from there.

thank you.

mohit549
09-07-2011, 11:41 PM
thnak you all.

as I am in 3rd year, i do not have much time left to work on it. I better start reading book mentioned above....

woodsy96
09-08-2011, 12:29 AM
We were all in 3rd year at one point.

Make more time. Lots of sleep does not a race car make.

Adambomb
09-09-2011, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by Drew Price:
Carroll Smith's 'Design' book comes with directions on how to do SLA analysis using string and pushpins.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/297830_10100256091806930_16912542_48025824_4318624 30_n.jpg

RoboSpence
10-20-2011, 12:41 PM
this is a rough sketch...but it might work, this is NOT to scale.

the impact attenuator is also not shown...i can provide sketches of this quality for all parts on the car if you need help designing them at a very competetive price. Most of my work force is below first graders however, so it must be requested between naptimeshttp://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk177/Geegenflaben/untitled.jpg

vikram.
10-22-2011, 05:20 AM
Perplexity is the beginning of knowledge.