PDA

View Full Version : 13" rim rotor max

rjwoods77
01-03-2006, 09:57 PM
What is the normal max rotor diamter for a 13" rim? What do you guys normally run? We are running 10" rims and I wanted to do a comparison on some calcs. Also, how satisfied are people that have used wilwoods dynalite(single floater, 2 piston opposed)? We have a set of single floaters on our old car and are real pieces of junk. The innerhalf doesnt even support the pad so you have to weld on theses fingers to the bracket and such. Pain in the ass. Maybe we have an old version. Opinions appreciated.

Jersey Tom
01-03-2006, 10:14 PM
Well, we try to make the rotors as small as possible..makes everything easier

Runnin 13" dubs, we run floating discs about 8.5" diameter, plain HR steel. Don't remember how much they weigh.. which is a key thing. Dynalite singles are cool.

With 10s.. I'd say just get the smallest rotor you can to make the packaging work out. And keep the heat down so they dont yknow, melt. Or lose too much strength.

Kirk Feldkamp
01-03-2006, 10:30 PM
Max rotor OD with a 13" wheel would be about 10.50"-10.75" or so with a dynalite single [floater or otherwise] depending on your wheel's inner diameter.

-Kirk

Marshall Grice
01-04-2006, 12:02 PM
we've got 9.5" rotors with 13's. not using the wilwoods though, we've got the little brembos. when we were running 10's we had 6.75" rotors with the same calipers. we could go larger with the wilwoods...if we wanted to.

Homemade WRX
01-04-2006, 06:27 PM
in 04 and 05 we ran the 10.2" alum rotors from wilwood with single floating dynalites up front and 1 2 piston dynalite out back.
this year things just got shifted on me with fitment problems for dual rears...so I'm going to one of the back up designs I did incase such a problem occured