PDA

View Full Version : TTC data results questions

Tincho
06-06-2011, 02:54 PM
Hello all

i am part of a new team, we have al the data from TTC and we are studying it. But we found an anomaly that none of us can explain. y would really appreciate any imput on this subject.

the promblem is when we draw a graphic for longitudinal force vs slip ratio

we do not get 0 slip ratio at 0 Fx. We get positve slip ratio at 0 Fx, which means that if I put the tire on the ground, it will start rolling (that's what we think)

i would really appreciate an explanation on this

Thank You.
Peace from Argentina

Tincho
06-06-2011, 02:54 PM
Hello all

i am part of a new team, we have al the data from TTC and we are studying it. But we found an anomaly that none of us can explain. y would really appreciate any imput on this subject.

the promblem is when we draw a graphic for longitudinal force vs slip ratio

we do not get 0 slip ratio at 0 Fx. We get positve slip ratio at 0 Fx, which means that if I put the tire on the ground, it will start rolling (that's what we think)

i would really appreciate an explanation on this

Thank You.
Peace from Argentina

SNasello
06-06-2011, 03:53 PM
Please log into the TTC Forums to ask questions regarding the TTC Data. That being said, there are two slip definitions in the combined data. Try using the other one.

Edward M. Kasprzak
06-07-2011, 04:00 AM
You're right--zero slip ratio should give zero longitudinal force. There are a couple possible explanations for what you're seeing. Please e-mail me directly or let's have this discussion on the TTC forum. This shouldn't be difficult to sort out.