PDA

View Full Version : tire rates

racer81
01-05-2008, 02:01 PM
I am working on ARB rates using the tech tips from Optimum G and am having a hard time finding a tire rate explanation. Can anyone explain tire rate and where I would be able to either calculate it or find it for the Hoosiers I am running.

Thanks

racer81
01-05-2008, 02:01 PM
I am working on ARB rates using the tech tips from Optimum G and am having a hard time finding a tire rate explanation. Can anyone explain tire rate and where I would be able to either calculate it or find it for the Hoosiers I am running.

Thanks

js10coastr
01-06-2008, 12:00 AM
Tire spring rate... I can sell you the info for $500 http://fsae.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

It should be an easy measure with a caliper and a scale though.

lporter
01-06-2008, 12:32 PM
Hoosier has tire rate data on their website. There's only a few data points for each tire pressure that was tested but it's easy enough to make graphs and extrapolate. I used this data before our team joined the TTC and from what I've seen the numbers seem to correlate fairly well. It should be good enough for the calculations you are doing and will give you a better idea of the effects of the tire rate on the overall behavior of the car. Hope this helps.