PDA

View Full Version : Wheel speed at acceleration

ilker58
02-24-2013, 03:03 AM
i need wheel speed datas at acceleration for analysis engine torque and launch control if you have speed datas please share me http://fsae.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif our team will join formula sae first time. At least, i have real speed datas, of course you want to share me http://fsae.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

thank you for everything

dmacke
02-24-2013, 08:05 AM
The good person in me wants to help explain to him how he can get the data himself. The mischievous person in me wants to send him some malware that will redirect his browser to Google every time he types in FSAE.com.

MCoach
02-24-2013, 10:04 AM
iker58,

What sort of data are you looking for?

I can say that if you check past competition results that acceleration event times are listed. Each team in the event guide lists how much power their car is making, and making up a spreadsheet that takes into account an estimated power curve, road load, gearing efficiency, aero drag, and gearing; you can pretty quickly define your own acceleration calculator that can give you simulated wheel spin, traction control strategy, and whatever else you may want to take into account.

By making this type of spreadsheet, you can benchmark other team strategies, make your own strategies, and design using a tool that you created.

Now, this might require a little more research than 'I want the D', but I guarantee that this is far more useful than whatever fake data that I may be tempted to supply.

Next, let's turn this around. Where do we start on an acceleration event simulator spreadsheet?

giliep
02-26-2013, 01:20 PM
This is intriguing...
To start with you'll need tire data, or at least the Fx of the tyre and then assume 5%-6% slip in order to get maximum traction.
Next, you'll want the 1st gear ratio and the diff ratio and final drive to calculate how much torque is transferred to the wheels.
Then you'll want need to calculate the gear transfer time, you can start with constant time and then optimize it (assuming it will take less time to change in high gears) also you'll need to calculate the rate of acceleration of the car and driver (how it can be done?)

Anything else?

Adambomb
02-27-2013, 01:52 PM
I'm going to ask a bold question: If you can't come up with wheel speed data, either real-world or simulated, then do you really need launch control? Especially if it's your first year?