PDA

View Full Version : Axles / Drivetrain

Dan Lentsch
02-26-2010, 09:16 AM
I'm going to go out on a limb here, and ask if the FSAE community was interested in a new CV / Axle solution. I currently work for a company that is interested in producing such a product, but I'm just wondering what everyone would like to see (weight, price, and joint wise). As an ex-FSAE guy, I'd like to do whatever I can to offer the best possible part at a decent cost.

If you have any suggestions / ideas, please post away!

Dan Lentsch
02-26-2010, 09:16 AM
I'm going to go out on a limb here, and ask if the FSAE community was interested in a new CV / Axle solution. I currently work for a company that is interested in producing such a product, but I'm just wondering what everyone would like to see (weight, price, and joint wise). As an ex-FSAE guy, I'd like to do whatever I can to offer the best possible part at a decent cost.

If you have any suggestions / ideas, please post away!

scotty young Taylor Race
02-26-2010, 12:51 PM
Who ya workin for Dan.
What do you guys got goin..

Hector
02-26-2010, 02:41 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">... but I'm just wondering what everyone would like to see (weight, price, and joint wise). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Not to sound snotty, but I'd like to see them
1)Weigh as little as possible
2)As cheap as possible
3)Whatever joint accomplishes 1&2.

I can't give specific weight or price points because I don't know what those are for an "FSAE-optimized" shaft.

You're the engineer. If you can make 1&2 happen, people will by them.