PDA

View Full Version : Spline Data

Joey Sanders
01-26-2005, 09:57 AM
Does anyone know a good source for spline data? I've been jumping through hoops at the library trying to get information about spline standards.

Mostly trying to find spline data for the male splines on Yamaha Blaster ATV Hubs.

Any help is appreciated.

MikeWaggoner at UW
01-26-2005, 10:01 AM
I'm not sure what you're looking for exactly, but Machinery's Handbook (vol. 25 now? but old ones will have it) will tell you torque spec and dimensions of common splines.

Joey Sanders
01-26-2005, 10:02 AM
I will have to look into it.

Thanks for the quick reply!

Foote
01-26-2005, 10:03 AM
sorry, out of date

Underthefloor
01-26-2005, 12:00 PM
If you have a local gear shop you could try them. We are located near Linn Gear and they have been very helpful in identifying and making splines for us.

http://linngear.com

Joey Sanders
01-26-2005, 12:49 PM
Unfortunately in lubbock there isn't much going on manufacturing wise. Haven't had any luck finding machine shops that do splines in my area. I'll probably start looking for shops across Texas.

rjwoods77
01-26-2005, 01:02 PM
If it is a jap made then it is probably a jap spline. Look for JIS specs.

Daves
01-26-2005, 03:03 PM
Joey,

It's good to hear that Texas Tech has an FSAE team. I go to LeTourneau, which is about 6 hours east of Lubbock. We hosted the ASME Regional Student Conference this past year, and I am looking forward to Texas Tech hosting it this year.

Gear and spline shops are few and far between here in East Texas. We have our splines cut at a place called Caldwell Machine and Gear (903-572-1660), located in Mt. Pleasant. It's about an hour and a half northwest of Longview. You could find some gear/spline shops closer to you if you ask some local machine shops, waterjet shops, EDM shops, or any custom manufacturing facilities. The owners usually network with each other fairly well.