PDA

View Full Version : Registration day

MRT_Xii
10-04-2010, 07:06 AM
Isn't registration for FSAE one of the most retarded things? Instead of leaving a few days between each events registration, they put everything the same day to make sure their servers will all crash and everyone will panic for a few hours.

Let us know if you get through.

Thank you

MRT_Xii
10-04-2010, 07:06 AM
Isn't registration for FSAE one of the most retarded things? Instead of leaving a few days between each events registration, they put everything the same day to make sure their servers will all crash and everyone will panic for a few hours.

Let us know if you get through.

Thank you

DriverNumber64
10-04-2010, 07:09 AM
yep...down

BrendonD
10-04-2010, 07:20 AM
We got through on the phone... Not sure what # we are registered though because the internal website for the Customer Service Rep I was talking to was intermittently crashing. However, I was able to make a payment and got a payment confirmation number. I'll have to wait for the race number until after the dust settles it seems.

Edit: just came back online! Registered 019.

Good luck to everyone!

Daniel Shor
10-04-2010, 07:35 AM
RPI made it through. We went from google to the registration website, hoping to skip the 5000000 refreshes needed to just get on SAE.org. We're back this year and looking to see everyone there.

coastertrav
10-04-2010, 08:22 AM
Just heard UCF got in at #82.

See you guys in Michigan.

KyleD
10-04-2010, 08:30 AM
ISU is #78 at Michigan, party!

Dsenechal
10-04-2010, 10:29 AM
University of Evansville predicted the server crash, and just called about 15 minutes before registration opened. We were on hold waiting for a representative until just after 10, and they did it for us on the phone. Worked out pretty well, got #22!!

Brian Barnhill
10-04-2010, 11:23 AM
WPI is in and finally going back to Michigan after missing the last 2 events. In at #55.

Looks like there is still one spot open for Michigan - over 2.5 hours after registration opens?! When was the last time that happened?

Ross_K
10-04-2010, 11:36 AM
After much confusion and insanity, Rose-Hulman registered as the 53rd team, making our first (?) appearance at Michigan. Now about that car we have to make...

RobbyObby
10-05-2010, 04:01 AM
San Jose State got in at #12. And I see Stuttgart got in as well as Munich and UA Graz. Nice to a few European teams finally in the mix! Should be a great comp!
Now we get to sit and wait a month to register for West. http://fsae.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Mazur
10-05-2010, 11:49 AM
Are either of the the North American events expected to sell out?

RobbyObby
10-05-2010, 12:35 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mazur:
Are either of the the North American events expected to sell out? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They usually do. Michigan filled up in like what, 6 minutes last year. They had server crashes this year so it took a little longer than last year. And West usually takes a few months to fill up.

moose
10-05-2010, 01:39 PM
Michigan looks to be full.
California will probably fill once it opens to teams registered for Michigan. Don't forget that there is a period when teams can only sign up for 1 event.

bob.paasch
10-05-2010, 01:57 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RobbyObby:
San Jose State got in at #12. And I see Stuttgart got in as well as Munich and UA Graz. Nice to a few European teams finally in the mix! Should be a great comp!
Now we get to sit and wait a month to register for West. http://fsae.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

RobbyObby, not to dampen your enthusiasm, but Munich and Stuttgart were able to register early for Michigan by virtue of their 1st and 2nd place finishes at FSUK, so "got in" wasn't really an issue for them. And the Europeans have been coming over to Michigan for quiet a few years now.

What is exciting is to see some new German teams headed to Michigan: Karlsruhe, Amberg-Weiden and Zwickau.

I do miss the Australians though....

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by moose:
Michigan looks to be full.
California will probably fill once it opens to teams registered for Michigan. Don't forget that there is a period when teams can only sign up for 1 event. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

California has not filled the last two years. Of course past results are no prediction of future performance. http://fsae.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

sbrenaman
10-05-2010, 01:57 PM
Portland State registered! Excited.

RyMan
10-05-2010, 02:05 PM
Is UTA only doing Hybrid this year? I didn't see them on the list for Michigan or California?

Mike Cook
10-05-2010, 02:12 PM
Thats what they told me. Sad..

bob.paasch
10-05-2010, 02:16 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mike Cook:
Thats what they told me. Sad.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mike, what's up with Maryland, no Michigan this year?

RobbyObby
10-05-2010, 05:15 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bob.paasch:
RobbyObby, not to dampen your enthusiasm, but Munich and Stuttgart were able to register early for Michigan by virtue of their 1st and 2nd place finishes at FSUK, so "got in" wasn't really an issue for them. And the Europeans have been coming over to Michigan for quiet a few years now.

What is exciting is to see some new German teams headed to Michigan: Karlsruhe, Amberg-Weiden and Zwickau.

I do miss the Australians though....

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I guess I'm just caught up in my own enthusiasm since this will be our first trip to Michigan!

Mike Cook
10-05-2010, 06:09 PM
Michigan is right during finals so its a big strain on everyone. We wanted to go last year to see how we would stack up against the rest of the world...Our department politely urged us to go to west in the future. Plus, the weather is always great!

moose
10-05-2010, 06:13 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bob.paasch :
California has not filled the last two years. Of course past results are no prediction of future performance. http://fsae.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You caught me there, I momentarily forgot that only 79 registered last year http://fsae.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Maybe one of these years I'll make it out there too.