PDA

View Full Version : Chassi Shop and Pegasus steering rack

Joni
05-08-2007, 09:49 AM
Hi!

I´m from a portuguese team, new from here. I would like to know if someone from here has used any of these 2 steering racks that could give me some personal informations about it, like releability, vibrations on the steering wheel, way of mounting...

Thanks,

João Andrade
ENGENIUS - UA Formula Stundent
Aveiro - Portugal

Joni
05-08-2007, 09:49 AM
Hi!

I´m from a portuguese team, new from here. I would like to know if someone from here has used any of these 2 steering racks that could give me some personal informations about it, like releability, vibrations on the steering wheel, way of mounting...

Thanks,

João Andrade
ENGENIUS - UA Formula Stundent
Aveiro - Portugal

TGrau
05-08-2007, 11:19 AM
We have used the chassis shop version (C42-336) since 97 or 98 and I really can't speak highly enough about them. They can take several years worth of use and abuse without getting any kind of slop. It may seem a bit expensive, but you're getting a better quality part than your're paying for.

KU_Racing
05-08-2007, 09:03 PM
Kettering has used the pegasus rackes for several years. they are very light, very easy to implement. their only drawback is that they require you to fabricate your own supports for the steering rack, as the center housing is too narrow to be stiff enough. this, however, is realatively easy.