PDA

View Full Version : Drexler Differential Oil

mpleruez
07-12-2011, 12:05 PM
Hi,

We are using a Drexler Differential for the first time, and due to a number of problems only filled it with oil today, and are leaving for the UK competition tomorrow morning. After filling the unit with oil all seemed good, but after only a few minutes a large amount of the oil had leaked out through the drive spline shaft bearings, and we are really stuck for ideas, So could anyone who has had a similar problem or knows the diff help me out with any possible solutions? for example, can i run the diff with less oil? or thicker lubricant?

Thanks

Matthew

mpleruez
07-12-2011, 12:05 PM
Hi,

We are using a Drexler Differential for the first time, and due to a number of problems only filled it with oil today, and are leaving for the UK competition tomorrow morning. After filling the unit with oil all seemed good, but after only a few minutes a large amount of the oil had leaked out through the drive spline shaft bearings, and we are really stuck for ideas, So could anyone who has had a similar problem or knows the diff help me out with any possible solutions? for example, can i run the diff with less oil? or thicker lubricant?

Thanks

Matthew

SNasello
07-13-2011, 12:03 PM
Do you have shaft seals on the stub axles? The drexler diff is designed to have a shaft seal pressed into each end. I do not know the exact part number but if you have the correct seal and your stub axle is designed to fit it properly then it shouldn't leak at all.

Less or thicker oil is not recommended.

JasperC
07-13-2011, 01:55 PM
The DIN number for the seals can be found in the part list on the assembly drawing that Drexler provided.

If indeed you don't have the seals I'm sure there will be plenty teams at FSUK who do, just walk around in the pits and ask.

Good luck,

Jasper