PDA

View Full Version : Trigger wheel

Renato
09-07-2008, 11:07 AM
Our team run with a honda cb 450 engine. We are installing a fuel injection system. Then we found a problem. Instead of an alternator, this engine has a magnet. We intend to atach the trigger wheel with the magnet. The problem is: will the magnetic field of the magnet interfere on the sensor reading of the trigger wheel, as this sensor is an indutive one?

Renato
09-07-2008, 11:07 AM
Our team run with a honda cb 450 engine. We are installing a fuel injection system. Then we found a problem. Instead of an alternator, this engine has a magnet. We intend to atach the trigger wheel with the magnet. The problem is: will the magnetic field of the magnet interfere on the sensor reading of the trigger wheel, as this sensor is an indutive one?

Grant Mahler
09-07-2008, 12:48 PM
Yes. When/where in the RPM range depends on what sensors, which magnets, and what kind of filtering you are doing.

We had all kinds of issues with exactly this on our car (Suzuki 450, MS2V3.0)

Renato
09-08-2008, 05:43 PM
Hi Grant

To solve this problem, one solution that we thought is to atach the trigger wheel with the magnet with an axle and than separete them a bit to minimize the magnect effect of the magnet. But we didnt test this yet.

could your sensor read the trigger wheel when you had this similar situation?

Grant Mahler
09-08-2008, 08:40 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Renato:
Hi Grant

To solve this problem, one solution that we thought is to atach the trigger wheel with the magnet with an axle and than separete them a bit to minimize the magnect effect of the magnet. But we didnt test this yet.

could your sensor read the trigger wheel when you had this similar situation? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There are many ways to solve this; what you wrote is one idea.

My understanding of where the team is going to solve this issue is limited since I graduated. That being said, we have a unique option that should work well for us due to the particulars of the Suzuki engine.

I guess it also depends on whether you are happy running wasted fuel/spark or whether you want semi/full sequential.

Renato
09-08-2008, 08:53 PM
as we have a twin cylinders in different time each one, we running a waste spark.