PDA

View Full Version : Autosport Show (UK)

Alastair Clarke
01-07-2007, 03:33 AM
Hi guys

I was wondering how many people are going to the Autosport Show in Birmingham next weekend? We're displaying the car on the MIA (Motorsport Industry Association) stand on the Saturday and Sunday, so pop in and say hello if you're about.

For those who've never been, I'd recommend it for ideas/contacts and inspiration! Try to go to one of the trade days (Thurs/Fri) as the Autosport Engineering section is open on those days which can be very interesting.

Al

Alastair Clarke
01-07-2007, 03:33 AM
Hi guys

I was wondering how many people are going to the Autosport Show in Birmingham next weekend? We're displaying the car on the MIA (Motorsport Industry Association) stand on the Saturday and Sunday, so pop in and say hello if you're about.

For those who've never been, I'd recommend it for ideas/contacts and inspiration! Try to go to one of the trade days (Thurs/Fri) as the Autosport Engineering section is open on those days which can be very interesting.

Al

Jenner Collins
01-07-2007, 10:19 AM
Hey Alistair,

Brookes will have the '04 car there on a stand.

We will be there for the 4 days, I myself will be up there on the Friday trade day. There are some people we need to catch up with suppplier wise, so I would echo your comments about going up to visit.

I think I can be a lot easier to 'sell' yourself/team face to face and try and get some components/sponsorship either cheap or free out of these companies.

See you up there,

markocosic
01-08-2007, 04:36 PM
This comes around quickly doesn't it! http://fsae.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">TRADE VISITORS

Trade Registration
To avoid queues on the day, we recommend that all our Trade Visitors take advantage of the on-line Trade Registration. This will be available from August onwards. Once you complete the simple form, you will be able to track the progress on a separate page.

Tickets
All trade badges (tickets) will be posted to you to arrive by January 2007. The tickets will be in the form of an electronic swipe card, enabling going in and out of the Exhibition. It will also work with card readers used by many of our exhibitors.

Trade only days (Thursday 11/Friday 12 January 2007)
The first two days of the exhibition are strictly for trade, with MSA (Motor Sports Association) licence holders. We are unable to allow access to the show on trade days unless you can provide evidence that you are in the trade. Students who are doing automotive courses will be able to register for entry on the trade days as well but will also need proof of their involvement in relevant courses. However, the weekend (13/14 January 2007) will see the most exciting motorsport exhibition open its doors to the public and registration is not necessary. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Supposing two of us would very much like to go on the Friday but haven't registered in advance, what's the best way to proceed?

Does turning up at the door with proof of involvement in relevant courses and harassing the entry staff work?

Jenner Collins
01-08-2007, 05:45 PM
Hey MArko,

Get on to them ASAP I would say! :P Is Cambridge exhibiting anything?

We are going up for the show and have been handed out official Autosport Show passes today.

Hope you guys can make it up, I personally will be there on the Friday so come say hi if you are around.

Cheers,

markocosic
01-09-2007, 04:35 AM
Sorted - cya all there on Friday! http://fsae.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Any (NEC) locals reading/recommending where to head afterwards?

ben
01-09-2007, 05:20 AM
Hi Guys,

I'll be around on Friday working (sort of :-)) As ever I'll try and pop round and see the FS teams.

Marco: when you say afterwards I assume you mean drinking holes?

Get the train from the NEC into New Street and head to Broad Street, Brindley Place or the Arcadian.

Ben

Rob Littlewood
01-09-2007, 08:34 AM
Evening all,

Just got our request for tickets in about 1 minute before registration closed today, but Loughborough Uni will be there Friday. Sounds like quite a few people will be there on Friday. Don't speak to too many suppliers and get discounts before we get there or there'll be non left for us!!

Laters
Rob

D J Yates
01-10-2007, 08:25 AM
I'll be taking the day off work to attend on Friday and will be sure to stop by the Formula Student stands. Definitely recommend ASI for networking and finding some good deals. I found last year that if you show you're interested in a product it doesn't take much to sweet talk a good deal - the guy from Goldline Bearings was practically giving them away. Good luck.

See you all there.