PDA

View Full Version : CAN-Bus

joneschri
01-23-2013, 12:05 AM
Hi, i am just wondering if anyone has had any experience using the CAN-Bus Shield for arduino. Our ecu is a dta fast, and i am trying to read the can messages on the car. i can do it with our canalyser, but i cannot on the car. It is because our can bus is 1Mbps rather than 500, and is 29bit extended. Just wondering if anyone has experienced this before?

wagemd
01-23-2013, 01:59 AM
Funny you ask, I was just tinkering with one the other day. Which shield exactly? The main ones I know of are the Sparkfun and the SeeedStudio.

As long as it has the MCP2515 chip, you could try digging through the libraries of those two shields to get the missing setups. I had to add the 1 Mbps myself but the Seeed library had 11 bit addressing already.

MileyCyrus
01-23-2013, 05:24 PM
Have a look here:

http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/topic,8730.0.html

This managed to get the Sparkfun/SK Pang collaboration sheild reading data from our MoTeC M800, at 1Mb/s, and now, with not much of the orginal code remaining, is used to drive our dash display, act as a datalogger and send data back onto the CAN-bus from a variety of non-MoTeC compatible sensors such as I2C.

Cheers,