PDA

View Full Version : Consult:about type of differential and steer rack

Mayer
02-14-2012, 05:58 AM
Hallo everyone!

This is Mayer Yuan and I come from Shanghai,China.

Nowadays our university is trying to establish its first FSAE team and designing its first race car. Now we meet some problems on choosing?or designing?the differential and steer rack. So I'd like to enquire about what types or brands of differential and steer rack do you guys choose? Can you give some concrete parameters or models? For example a brand names Drexler etc?I know Uni Stuttgart use its differential these years?.

Thanks a lot! ^_^

Mayer
02-14-2012, 05:58 AM
Hallo everyone!

This is Mayer Yuan and I come from Shanghai,China.

Nowadays our university is trying to establish its first FSAE team and designing its first race car. Now we meet some problems on choosing?or designing?the differential and steer rack. So I'd like to enquire about what types or brands of differential and steer rack do you guys choose? Can you give some concrete parameters or models? For example a brand names Drexler etc?I know Uni Stuttgart use its differential these years?.

Thanks a lot! ^_^

PatClarke
02-14-2012, 06:13 AM
Hello Mayer,

By using the 'Find' button at the top of the page, I was able to find 857 posts relating to differentials and 663 posts relating to the steering rack.

Further, a search on 'driveline' got me 137 hits and a search on 'steering' found 2174!

Might I now suggest, that as an aspiring engineer, you should read those posts (as well as anything else that comes to mind) and if you still have questions, come back and ask.

They say the Good Lord helps those who help themselves. The same rules apply on FSAE.com.

Cheers

Pat

Mayer
02-14-2012, 06:43 AM
Oh I'm sorry I didn't mention it! No wonder I can't find a "search" at the commen place.Thank you for your advice! I will try to help myself first!^_^