PDA

View Full Version : Claude Rouelle's Vehicle Dynamics Seminar

OptimumG
04-05-2007, 02:35 PM
Claude Rouelle's Racecar Vehicle Dynamics seminar is on again immediately after the Formula SAE competition in Detroit. There will be no seminar after the FSAE West competition.

visit the optimumg site to register.

www.optimumg.com (http://www.optimumg.com)

SEMINAR OVERVIEW
If you are looking for the best possible design and performance for your FSAE car, or you are seeking a future in the racing or automotive industry, the 3-Day seminar I will be offering May 21-23 in Michigan, gives you the opportunity to do just that.
During the 3-day seminar, you will not only learn about the science and the math of racecar design and performance, but also "the tips and tricks" which affect your car's handling. I would love to share with you my 30 years of experience in Formula Ford, European Touring Car Championship, Formula 3, Formula 3000 in Europe and Japan, Formula 1 and Champcar, as the president of my race car engineering consulting company (several of our employees are former FSAE participants) and as an FSAE and Formula Student design judge.
What is discussed?

Lateral and longitudinal tire grip VS slip angle, slip ratio, vertical load, pressure, camber and temperature, tire rolling resistance, camber change, bump and roll steer, Ackerman, antisquat and antidive, roll and pitch center definition and movement, CG measurements, ideal weight distribution, chassis torsion stiffness and chassis torsion damping, motion ratio, natural and damped frequency, weight transfer in steady state and transient, "magic numbers", moment of inertia in roll, pitch and yaw measurements and how to use these numbers to tune the car, shock tuning, brake balance, shock speed histogram, minimal and ideal data acquisition hardware..... and anything else you wish to discuss.

I guarantee you that you will learn in 3 days (3 very intensive days! From 8:00 AM to probably late at night) more than you can get in any racing books. I also guarantee you that I will answer all of your questions - but you will also get out of there with more question than you came with!

A comprehensive, well-organized binder containing more than 600 pages of explanatory text and illustrative diagrams will be given to each participant. Several examples of setup, data, and practical experience (some successful some disastrous) will be shown and given as illustrations.
This seminar has been given to many professionals in the racing industry such as Penske, Bridgestone and Ferrari F1 and will be available to FSAE students at the exceptionally low rate of $375 because we know you are part of the future of the industry and want to help you start your career.

To register for the seminar, or for more information about OptimumG, please visit the website at www.optimumG.com (http://www.optimumG.com) or email engineering@optimumG.com.
Denver-based OptimumG, founded in 1997, provides a single source for motorsport consulting, engineering, and decision support software products. The company's founder, Claude Rouelle, is a renowned racecar engineer and acclaimed international seminar leader. OptimumG's consulting clients have included teams in racing series around the world. The current roster includes the SCCA SPEED World Challenge, American LeMans Series, Grand American Rolex Sports Car Championship, and NASCAR Busch and Nextel Cup Series. Worldwide seminar clients include MoTeC, Ferrari, Michelin and DaimlerChrysler.
Add this valuable and well-respected seminar to your resume today and you will find a lot of doors opening up for you in the racing world.

Regards, and best of luck at the upcoming competition,
Claude Rouelle
President
OptimumG, LLC
Tel: 1 303-752-1562 Fax: 1-303 368-0121
engineering@optimumg.com

OptimumG
04-05-2007, 02:35 PM
Claude Rouelle's Racecar Vehicle Dynamics seminar is on again immediately after the Formula SAE competition in Detroit. There will be no seminar after the FSAE West competition.

visit the optimumg site to register.

SEMINAR OVERVIEW
If you are looking for the best possible design and performance for your FSAE car, or you are seeking a future in the racing or automotive industry, the 3-Day seminar I will be offering May 21-23 in Michigan, gives you the opportunity to do just that.
During the 3-day seminar, you will not only learn about the science and the math of racecar design and performance, but also "the tips and tricks" which affect your car's handling. I would love to share with you my 30 years of experience in Formula Ford, European Touring Car Championship, Formula 3, Formula 3000 in Europe and Japan, Formula 1 and Champcar, as the president of my race car engineering consulting company (several of our employees are former FSAE participants) and as an FSAE and Formula Student design judge.
What is discussed?

Lateral and longitudinal tire grip VS slip angle, slip ratio, vertical load, pressure, camber and temperature, tire rolling resistance, camber change, bump and roll steer, Ackerman, antisquat and antidive, roll and pitch center definition and movement, CG measurements, ideal weight distribution, chassis torsion stiffness and chassis torsion damping, motion ratio, natural and damped frequency, weight transfer in steady state and transient, "magic numbers", moment of inertia in roll, pitch and yaw measurements and how to use these numbers to tune the car, shock tuning, brake balance, shock speed histogram, minimal and ideal data acquisition hardware..... and anything else you wish to discuss.

I guarantee you that you will learn in 3 days (3 very intensive days! From 8:00 AM to probably late at night) more than you can get in any racing books. I also guarantee you that I will answer all of your questions - but you will also get out of there with more question than you came with!

A comprehensive, well-organized binder containing more than 600 pages of explanatory text and illustrative diagrams will be given to each participant. Several examples of setup, data, and practical experience (some successful some disastrous) will be shown and given as illustrations.
This seminar has been given to many professionals in the racing industry such as Penske, Bridgestone and Ferrari F1 and will be available to FSAE students at the exceptionally low rate of $375 because we know you are part of the future of the industry and want to help you start your career.

To register for the seminar, or for more information about OptimumG, please visit the website at www.optimumG.com (http://www.optimumG.com) or email engineering@optimumG.com.
Denver-based OptimumG, founded in 1997, provides a single source for motorsport consulting, engineering, and decision support software products. The company's founder, Claude Rouelle, is a renowned racecar engineer and acclaimed international seminar leader. OptimumG's consulting clients have included teams in racing series around the world. The current roster includes the SCCA SPEED World Challenge, American LeMans Series, Grand American Rolex Sports Car Championship, and NASCAR Busch and Nextel Cup Series. Worldwide seminar clients include MoTeC, Ferrari, Michelin and DaimlerChrysler.
Add this valuable and well-respected seminar to your resume today and you will find a lot of doors opening up for you in the racing world.

Regards, and best of luck at the upcoming competition,
Claude Rouelle
President
OptimumG, LLC
Tel: 1 303-752-1562 Fax: 1-303 368-0121
engineering@optimumg.com

flavorPacket
04-05-2007, 02:56 PM
the best part is it's free!

you only pay for the jokes

Hot Rod JayRad
04-05-2007, 02:58 PM
Is there going to be one after FSAE West?

If so I am very interested. Please let me know as soon as it becomes available.

OptimumG
04-05-2007, 03:12 PM
There will only be 1 FSAE Seminar by Claude Rouelle this year and it will be given in Michigan.

raska
04-05-2007, 10:19 PM
Good. That gets rid of temptation to go for a third time. http://fsae.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Mario__tr
04-06-2007, 03:25 AM
Is there going to be one in french and in Québec as last year?

Gurkaran
04-06-2007, 11:31 AM
I take then that there will be no seminar in Australia?

Bit disappointed... was looking forward to attending after hearing about it from former team members.

Scannee
04-06-2007, 02:17 PM
Hi

We asked Claude about the next UK seminar after the Oxford one in November at dinner,saying there should be one in July if he is at FS UK, any news on it? Also any news about the 12 day seminar? Definatly Recomended

OptimumG
04-06-2007, 03:39 PM
There will not be a seminar in Quebec this year. If there is an Australian seminar, it will not take place until September at the earliest. No decisions have been made regarding European seminars. Should a 12-day seminar take place this year, it will not be until November.

ad
04-06-2007, 04:59 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by OptimumG:
There will not be a seminar in Quebec this year. If there is an Australian seminar, it will not take place until September at the earliest. No decisions have been made regarding European seminars. Should a 12-day seminar take place this year, it will not be until November. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Glen,

I know there is a great interest from NSW universities in Australia.

Scorpio
04-09-2007, 11:49 AM
where in MI?

OptimumG
04-10-2007, 01:14 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ad:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by OptimumG:
There will not be a seminar in Quebec this year. If there is an Australian seminar, it will not take place until September at the earliest. No decisions have been made regarding European seminars. Should a 12-day seminar take place this year, it will not be until November. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Glen,

I know there is a great interest from NSW universities in Australia. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Andrew,
We know there is interest for an Australian seminar. However, Claude's schedule is extremely busy this year. It's a matter of finding time not finding interest. Claude loves coming to Australia which is why we are working to make sure his schedule will allow an Australian seminar.

GSXR05K
04-18-2007, 04:03 PM
Does anyone know where this will be in Detroit?

Thank you, Aaron