PDA

View Full Version : The SVSU GP is back for 2006!

Harry Hogge
02-15-2006, 11:20 AM
Saginaw Valley State University is once again hosting a grand prix event following the FSAE Competition in Romeo. Space is limited to 7 teams with a first come first serve basis and costs $100 a team. Their will be a waiting list. The money covers housing and a dinner. The dates are May 21-23. Email me and I can send you a flyer if you're interested. dbcook@svsu.edu

Harry Hogge
02-15-2006, 11:20 AM
Saginaw Valley State University is once again hosting a grand prix event following the FSAE Competition in Romeo. Space is limited to 7 teams with a first come first serve basis and costs $100 a team. Their will be a waiting list. The money covers housing and a dinner. The dates are May 21-23. Email me and I can send you a flyer if you're interested. dbcook@svsu.edu

AK UT
02-15-2006, 11:25 AM
Can you give more details on what exactly the GP entails?

pengulns2001
02-15-2006, 11:40 AM
LTU is in

Dr.Paine
02-15-2006, 02:40 PM
I'm 90% srue that Michigan Tech is in again. We had a blast last year and really learned alot! http://fsae.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Mike T.
02-15-2006, 05:56 PM
I'm dissappointed to say that the University of Washington won't be able to attend this year, since we are going to SAE West. For any teams contemplating it, I highly reccommend you go. We've been the past two years, and its been an excellent time each year. It's a decent deal, you get a lot of driving time in a laid back atmosphere, which is nice after hectic main event, and is a good time to get a chance to hang out with fellow FSAEr's and consume copius amount of beer, if that's your thing.

Harry Hogge
02-15-2006, 07:29 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mike T.:
I'm dissappointed to say that the University of Washington won't be able to attend this year, since we are going to SAE West. For any teams contemplating it, I highly reccommend you go. We've been the past two years, and its been an excellent time each year. It's a decent deal, you get a lot of driving time in a laid back atmosphere, which is nice after hectic main event, and is a good time to get a chance to hang out with fellow FSAEr's and consume copius amount of beer, if that's your thing. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks for the compliments Mike. I'm sorry to hear that Washington can't make it.

jdstuff
02-17-2006, 07:46 AM
The Univ. of Akron will be in again! This will be our third year attending...for any teams that may be considering it, I highly reccomend that you go! It's a great opportunity to kick back, relax, have some fun (and stress-free) racing, and really get to know some other teams. And of course, as Mike put it: much beer, if that's your thing.

Also, the guys at SVSU put on a heck of an event. Everyone that I've talked to that has attended in the past has always been very impressed with their organization. Plus, the persuit-stlye racing is a blast to watch. Kudos to Brooks and the gang.

See you all after competition,

Harry Hogge
02-17-2006, 11:26 AM
All right, so far I have:
1.LTU
2.MTU
3.U of A

Spots are filling fast so get'm in. By the way, we do enjoy our barley and hopps.

pengulns2001
02-17-2006, 12:27 PM
i say we have a beer pong tourny after the event

Big Poppa
02-19-2006, 08:52 PM
Beer Pong.....Thats a Grand Idea, Harry Hogge and I will take on any challangers...... http://fsae.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

Harry Hogge
02-20-2006, 09:31 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Big Poppa:
Beer Pong.....Thats a Grand Idea, Harry Hogge and I will take on any challangers...... http://fsae.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Remember... It's not whether you win or lose, it's how drunk you get.

Dr.Paine
02-20-2006, 05:25 PM
Change MTU from 90% to 100% sure that we will be there http://fsae.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Harry Hogge
02-20-2006, 09:37 PM
MTU is now officially in and I just received confirmation that GUELPH is in. Well, there are three spots left. A couple of other teams have contacted me, but I have not gotten word back. Good luck.

Colin Quinn
02-21-2006, 11:24 AM
The University of Wisconsin is in. I can't wait. Thanks to Brooks and everyone else who helps put on the event.

Harry Hogge
02-23-2006, 11:48 AM
2 spots left.

Harry Hogge
02-25-2006, 05:43 PM
UWA is now in. One spot left plus alternates.

Harry Hogge
02-27-2006, 09:26 AM
Well folks the GP is now full. I'd like to say thanks to everyone participating in this years event. The final line up is:

1.University of Akron
2.University of Wisconsin
3.University of Guelph
4.Michigan Tech
5.Lawrence Tech
6.University of Western Austrailia
7.Worcester Poly
8.SVSU

I would like to remark that the GP will still take alternates in the case that any team already signed up has problems at competition.

Harry Hogge
03-16-2006, 04:56 PM
Guelph has just pulled out of the grand prix, therefore there is still one position open.

Kyle Kapa
03-17-2006, 09:15 AM
Ferris may be interested. Ofcourse we dont know if our car will move yet, so I cant give you any answer. http://fsae.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Harry Hogge
03-21-2006, 01:22 PM
The GP is once again full. Michigan State has taken the last spot, but we will still take alternates.