PDA

View Full Version : Optimum G Seminar FSAE-A

ECR '09
12-03-2009, 08:48 PM
Is anyone else a tad confused as to why Optimum G's FSAE Seminar after FSAE-A is being held an hour drive away from the Melbourne CBD?

Surely RMIT's Melbourne City campus would have been a far more convienient location for the majority of those in attendence. As a fair few would be from interstate, getting to such a location outside the CBD has some inherent difficuilties (ie. Trains are not cheap, and a taxi every day would send us broke.)

If it was supported by enough participants could the location be changed to the CBD campus? If so we would need to contact RMIT and Optimum G Staff to see if this is feasable.

ECR '09
12-03-2009, 08:48 PM
Is anyone else a tad confused as to why Optimum G's FSAE Seminar after FSAE-A is being held an hour drive away from the Melbourne CBD?

Surely RMIT's Melbourne City campus would have been a far more convienient location for the majority of those in attendence. As a fair few would be from interstate, getting to such a location outside the CBD has some inherent difficuilties (ie. Trains are not cheap, and a taxi every day would send us broke.)

If it was supported by enough participants could the location be changed to the CBD campus? If so we would need to contact RMIT and Optimum G Staff to see if this is feasable.

brettd
12-03-2009, 09:38 PM
I don't mean to be rude but don't you think it's at least a little bit ironic that you were proposing to have a similar seminar at your Joondalup campus early this year? Which is also 45 minutes out of the Perth CBD? :P

There's a few local university student lodgings around Bundoora which are pretty cheap. Then it's only a small bus fare every day.

ECR '09
12-03-2009, 11:06 PM
A 25min Train ride to the front of the campus compared to a 40min drive in a car through city peak hour traffic is a tad different...

Viclink says the shortest time from Melbourne CBD to RMIT east campus via public transport is 58min

JeffreyH
12-04-2009, 04:14 PM
It will take you about an hour to get there from town. In 2007 when I attended it, we caught a tram at ~6:50 which got us to the RMIT Bundoora campus around 7:50 (roughly).

There's one tram route which goes pretty much straight there from town, I think it starts on Bourke St, but it might be Collins. One of those anyway.

It's reasonably annoying, as it means we often didn't get back to our accomodation until after 9pm, then had to sort out dinner. The city campus would certainly be much more convenient. That said, I don't think it will prevent people attending.