PDA

View Full Version : AT Power throttle body

xmaniekx
09-20-2012, 07:25 AM
Hello everyone!

I'm searching for AT Power Formula Student throttle body CAD drawing. Already tried contacting with AT Power, but without response.
As mentioned here:
http://fsae.com/eve/forums/a/t...607348/m/65010880641 (http://fsae.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/125607348/m/65010880641)
there is an IGES file on the web. Does anyone have that file and wants to share it ?

In return I can upload CAD model of scanned GSXR K7 engine.

Regards,
Mariusz

Jon Burford
09-20-2012, 07:31 AM
it was on the AT power website last time I looked

xmaniekx
09-20-2012, 02:29 PM
Hi Jon,
Maybe I have some eye issues, but I really have no clue where to search for it. Already clicked all sites at their sitemap, but without sign of CAD model.

Regards,
Mariusz

Tilman
09-22-2012, 04:58 PM
Perhaps you should just call the number which is written on their homepage (http://atpowershop.co.uk/catalog/formula-student-28mm-single-bore-throttle-body-p-101.html)?

Since the University of Hertfordshire optimized the geometry, you may try to contact them for a drawing ...

Sometimes the companies just don't give you any drawings which means you have to buy the part, wait for it to arrive and then measure yourself ...

xmaniekx
09-24-2012, 01:19 PM
Already got the model. If anyone's interested in getting one - PM me.

Problem solved.

LewisKoberg
01-13-2013, 04:00 PM
Sorry to dig up an old thread, but has anyone been in contact with AT Power recently?

I noticed that their website is down and it appears as if they have disappeared.

Lewis

Dash
01-14-2013, 08:07 AM
I called them about a month ago asking where our throttle body was, they said they were waiting on some parts to arrive before they could ship out. Still waiting.....

Cardriverx
01-14-2013, 10:23 AM
Hmm I need to order a throttle body from them, anyone have a better idea of whats going on?

Dash
01-14-2013, 10:53 AM
I emailed them, so waiting on a response. They were bought out by another company last month so maybe that has something to do with it...

Paul Achard
01-14-2013, 01:44 PM
Does anyone have a phone number we could use to reach them?

Simon Dingle
01-14-2013, 02:54 PM
Hi,

I don't know how old this number is (probably 2009), but here's a number I found in my phone:

Dash
01-15-2013, 10:43 AM
I can't dial international from my phone ( guess my service provider doesn't want me to ). Here is his contact info, please let me know if you can get through.

Wayne Mathurin
Throttle Sales

Active Technologies Limited
EEGr Member of the Year 2010

Hethel Engineering Centre,
Chapman Way, Hethel,
Norwich, Norfolk,
NR14 8FB

Tel: +44 (0)1953 859133
Fax: +44 (0)1953 859134

Mobile: 07850 204061

Dash
01-16-2013, 04:02 PM
Just an update for those of you who may be waiting on a product:

I recieved my product today ( shipped 1/09/2013 from Norway). After I placed my order on/around November 7th. I still have not gotten an email reply from Wayne or contacted him via phone though.

LewisKoberg
01-17-2013, 06:20 AM
Thanks for the info Dash. Much appreciated

Lewis

coleasterling
01-17-2013, 09:54 AM
If some schools wanted to get together and provide me with a design to have machined in the U.S., I would be willing to do it for a very reasonable price. I've started on a TB design of my own, but that won't be ready for this year. I would need to contact the site administrator about paying for advertising before actually machining any parts, but it is definitely doable.

My company almost exclusively machines Ti and exotic Al alloys and is set up perfectly for doing parts like the restrictor and TB on an FSAE time line. In fact, many schools already use one of our parts in particular.

If you guys think it is something worth pursuing, let me know and I'll get in contact with the admin again and get set up as a vendor.

Cardriverx
01-17-2013, 05:13 PM
If AT Power does not come through, then I will be open for pretty much anything throttle body wise.

Originally posted by coleasterling:
If some schools wanted to get together and provide me with a design to have machined in the U.S., I would be willing to do it for a very reasonable price. I've started on a TB design of my own, but that won't be ready for this year. I would need to contact the site administrator about paying for advertising before actually machining any parts, but it is definitely doable.

My company almost exclusively machines Ti and exotic Al alloys and is set up perfectly for doing parts like the restrictor and TB on an FSAE time line. In fact, many schools already use one of our parts in particular.

If you guys think it is something worth pursuing, let me know and I'll get in contact with the admin again and get set up as a vendor.

-Cole

Dash
01-18-2013, 06:56 AM
If you get in a real bind, and can machine your own restrictor, our team has modified a stock throttle body off of the CBR600 F4i to work several times. Just cut the end TB off with the TPS, plug all the extra holes up, and weld on the restrictor or adapter plate for the restrictor.

qmracer
01-26-2013, 06:28 AM
Does anyone know what's going on right now?

I was relying on getting this great looking part but I heard AT Power went into administration in November.

Is there stock?

Does anyone have a drawing/CAD model?

Dash
01-26-2013, 06:55 AM
qmracer,

The company is changing hands and its causing a big mess. I have a CAD model if you like, but there is no telling when they will be back on the market selling things. Earlier in the thread I put a phone number you could try. Here is Wayne's email too : Wayne Mathurin <wayne@atpower.co.uk>

I would suspect they won't be doing business for a little while. So if you need something soon, I suggest looking at some other company or fabing one yourself.

atthrottles
02-07-2013, 03:18 PM
Hi Guys just to you let you know AT Power is alive and well. Myself and Chris took owneship of the business division of AT Power in November last year. We were both employees of the then Active-Technologies group which was going through the administration process at the time. We took AT Power on with over 3 months of unfinished orders. We have achieved a lot in just a short time and our team are working hard to satisfy our customers orders as soon as possible and give good service.
Please feel free to call on 01953 859133 or contact Wayne by e-mail wayne@atpower.co.uk and he will assit you in any queries you may have.
In the meantime I will progress your orders as quickly as possible and happy racing.

Regards

Andy Clifton

Director of AT Power Throttles Ltd.