PDA

View Full Version : Wilwood Single Floater issues?

Marlin
04-02-2007, 09:21 AM
If you have used them, are you happy with them? Any problems? Avoid at all costs? I only found one issue about needing fabricated fingers to support the pads. Did anybody else need special mounting or fingers?
Thanks,
Marlin

Marlin
04-02-2007, 09:21 AM
If you have used them, are you happy with them? Any problems? Avoid at all costs? I only found one issue about needing fabricated fingers to support the pads. Did anybody else need special mounting or fingers?
Thanks,
Marlin

drivetrainUW-Platt
04-02-2007, 04:53 PM
yes, we incorperated the "fingers" into our mounting brackets. Do a search on this, I know many people have been like WTF when they got them and wondered why the damn pads are just swingin away...

Garlic
04-02-2007, 09:17 PM
They are light, cheap, and from all appearances will flex like they are made of cheese. A true poorly designed part.

I'm sure they will stop your car, just not well or consistently.

MikeDutsa
04-06-2007, 11:11 AM
they worked ok for us, for a while. we ran a 1/8 in rotor in the front and a 14in in the rear. they worked perfectly well from feb till late may, then they stopped working in the front. we contributed the problem to be that the pistons bottomed out. but it may have been that we didn't have the fingers. we destroyed an up right in comp and when we rebuilt we incorperated the fingers. im not sure what fixed it, weather it was the new pards or the fingers.

best luck

Mike D