PDA

View Full Version : The Suretrac differential

gofaser
03-13-2008, 11:17 AM
Our team is going to be a competing for the first time in 2009. Since this is gonna be our first competition were trying to avoid building our own housing for a differential just to make things a little simpler. This is why the suretrac looks like it might be a good option.

Does anyone know of the specific years of the honda rubicon that doesn't have a welded ring gear that needs to be cut off.

Is using the rubicon as simple as just sealing up the cv joint shafts and aquiring the right half shafts?

does anyone know of the approximate weight of the suretrac with stock housing?

Shawn

gofaser
03-13-2008, 11:17 AM
Our team is going to be a competing for the first time in 2009. Since this is gonna be our first competition were trying to avoid building our own housing for a differential just to make things a little simpler. This is why the suretrac looks like it might be a good option.

Does anyone know of the specific years of the honda rubicon that doesn't have a welded ring gear that needs to be cut off.

Is using the rubicon as simple as just sealing up the cv joint shafts and aquiring the right half shafts?

does anyone know of the approximate weight of the suretrac with stock housing?

Shawn

drivetrainUW-Platt
03-14-2008, 08:03 AM
Search for "lets talk atv differentials"

That will answer your questions.

Chris Lane
03-17-2008, 08:56 AM
If you're looking for an off-the-shelf part, try the Taylor-Race system.

A bit expensive, but a nice looking piece of kit.

Google 'Taylor Race'

Scotty
03-17-2008, 09:12 AM
If you need some pictures and info on our TRE diff , you can shoot me an e-mail.
I also have some Solid models I can share with ya.

scotty@taylor-race.com