PDA

View Full Version : Throttle body return springs

Tal Stern
05-01-2011, 07:32 AM
Hello
I'm trying to understand if the two return sprigs that must be included in the throttle system must be located on the throttle body it self or I can use one on the throttle body and one located on the throttle cable where the cable connects to the throttle body
Thanks, Tal
Intake system team BGR

Tal Stern
05-01-2011, 07:32 AM
Hello
I'm trying to understand if the two return sprigs that must be included in the throttle system must be located on the throttle body it self or I can use one on the throttle body and one located on the throttle cable where the cable connects to the throttle body
Thanks, Tal
Intake system team BGR

Sormaz
05-01-2011, 09:33 AM
Is your throttle cable push-pull?

No sense pushing on a tension only member

Tal Stern
05-01-2011, 10:58 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sormaz:
Is your throttle cable push-pull?

No sense pushing on a tension only member </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I didn't order the cable yet. I'm thinking about using the same thing as in a motorbike.
I was asking about the return spring regarding the rules where it says that you need two return springs on the throttle body system.

Tech Guy
05-01-2011, 04:58 PM
Tal,
The scrutineers will be looking for both of the return springs to be on or at the throttle body, not on the cable. They will allow the return spring (or springs) to be connected to the external lever of the throttle body. But that is as far away from the throttle body that they will let you put them. Make sure that the external lever is well and truly attached to the throttle shaft!

Adambomb
05-06-2011, 06:07 AM
There is a time for push-pull throttle cables, just add a toe-hoop and you have a method to physically pull the throttle back in the event of a stuck throttle (which I can tell you from experience is no fun). Many racing organizations require this, and many design judges appreciate details like this as well.