PDA

View Full Version : This year at detroit

Bookhout
05-01-2006, 06:38 AM
I was wondering if it is possible out at the proving grounds if I could come and take a look at some of your cars as well as follow you through tech and what not just to know what to expect the following year when BU has a car again. Any help will be apreciated

Erich Ohlde
05-01-2006, 07:58 AM
You mean follow a team around?

Bookhout
05-01-2006, 08:04 AM
yeah basicly. I want to see what goes on during the tech to see what flies and what they are really strick on.

kwancho
05-01-2006, 08:54 AM
Good call. Are spectators, like us from future FSAE teams, allowed to watch other teams' tech inspections or design judging?

drivetrainUW-Platt
05-01-2006, 08:56 AM
admission to the event is free and open to the public, for tech, its pretty intense, but I'm sure you could find a team to stand in with, since its out in the open and team size varies greatly. For design, its more secluded, I havent really been able to see it myself.

Michael Royce
05-01-2006, 06:18 PM
This year, at the Michigan event, Tech Inspection will be inside a building. As last year, only four (4) members per team will be allowed actually inside the tech inspection "box". We will use the Dynamic Passes as the passes. Team members will be allowed to switch off as required. Other team members, the Faculty Advisor and other people will have to be behind a barrier (they were on the outside of the tent last year.)

D-Train
05-01-2006, 09:01 PM
Last year at the FSAE-A event I was told to leave the tech inspection tent, I'd have loved to hang around and see what they were looking closely at, but like Michael said, it's 4 team members per car in the tent.

Big Bird
05-03-2006, 01:54 AM
Bookhout & Alex,(and anyone else who is new to the game),

Please feel free to drop by the RMIT tent and ask for me - or if you want to look out for me I'm the tall skinny guy who needs a haircut. As long as we are not too crazy busy we'll be more than happy to answer your questions and show you around. Although access to the tech inspection won't be possible, we can pass on any key points.

I imagine on the static event day (Thursday?) we'll be a little too distracted - but after that by all means come up for a chat.

Cheers all,

Dike
05-03-2006, 04:37 AM
likewise for UWAM.
your welcome to hang around us. It can get very busy but dont let that hold you back.

I can be found wrestling Deano on the concrete outside ours or RMIT's tent. but anyone really will be happy to show you around.

Mike H.
UWAM FSAE

Break it. Break it. Break it.

Bookhout
05-03-2006, 05:04 AM
Thanks guys I really appreciate it

drivetrainUW-Platt
05-03-2006, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by Big Bird:
Bookhout & Alex,(and anyone else who is new to the game),

Please feel free to drop by the RMIT tent and ask for me - or if you want to look out for me I'm the tall skinny guy who needs a haircut. As long as we are not too crazy busy we'll be more than happy to answer your questions and show you around. Although access to the tech inspection won't be possible, we can pass on any key points.

I imagine on the static event day (Thursday?) we'll be a little too distracted - but after that by all means come up for a chat.

Cheers all,

I would tell you you have 14 days to cut your hair, but then the guy wouldnt reconize you...I think tech is a great way to learn about cars, and the rules, sucks that everyone cant be there any more, but that tent was always PACKED full