PDA

View Full Version : Silverstone - Tyre fitting

Bazanaius
07-05-2009, 01:21 PM
Hey guys,

it will be our first time at the UK competition in a couple of weeks, and I wonder if there is a way of getting tyres fitted to rims at the competition?

We'll be going to the shakedown session on the Tuesday, and we don't really want to run our new tyres so we'd like to shakedown on old tyres and then change over to new ones.

If there isn't facilities at the competition - maybe somewhere nearby that someone knows where we could take the wheels to be fitted and balanced?

Any ideas welcome,

cheers!

Bazanaius
07-05-2009, 01:21 PM
Hey guys,

it will be our first time at the UK competition in a couple of weeks, and I wonder if there is a way of getting tyres fitted to rims at the competition?

We'll be going to the shakedown session on the Tuesday, and we don't really want to run our new tyres so we'd like to shakedown on old tyres and then change over to new ones.

If there isn't facilities at the competition - maybe somewhere nearby that someone knows where we could take the wheels to be fitted and balanced?

Any ideas welcome,

cheers!

RacingManiac
07-06-2009, 06:02 AM
There is usually a tire truck there from Dunlop I believe(or maybe Hoosier, this is recalling from 2007). I think as long as you are in their working hours you can pay them to do it. One year we were a bit late in the day we ended up finding a shop about ~10 miles away in a town nearby to do it.

I always figure there should be some place on-site around the bunch of race shop area that might do it, but we couldn't find any in 2007.

In any case the truck should be there most of the time during the week, I think they charge a small fee if you are using tires thats not what they are selling.

smb96
07-06-2009, 06:03 AM
It was always possible. I know that the Hoosier dealer will be there and he got definitive a fitting machine. It was quite expensive, like 50€ for a set.

RacingManiac
07-06-2009, 06:52 AM
wow that price have gone up by a lot.....definitely don't remember paying that much before....taking advantage of the poor students....

blister
07-06-2009, 07:09 AM
Do they sell Hoosier Tires?

We didn`t want to buy a pile of tires without knowing that there isn`t definitely a better tire around than the Hoosier R25B for our car...

Last year we paid around 10 Pounds for each tire (Goodyear to Goodyear)

Zac
07-06-2009, 07:31 AM
Generally it is an independent tire distributor that actually sets up shop at the race track. For example, the Goodyear truck that comes to Detroit is actually Competition tire. Usually the deal is that they will mount up any tires you buy from them, but anything else you are going to have to pay for. At least that's how it works in the US, Europe might be different.

Bazanaius
07-07-2009, 01:14 PM
hey guys,
thanks for your replies - realistically we wouldn't be able to find a shop that would do it for free (unless anyone wants to lend us Megan Fox?) so it seems the tyre van that turns up will probably be our best bet.

cheers for the replies, see you there!

B

James-H
07-10-2009, 04:09 PM
Blister,

The Hoosier tyre truck is the official dealer for the UK who turns up. I'm fairly sure he has tyres for sale.

We bought ours before the comp last year and got a slick set cut into wets by the guy with the truck.

smb96
07-11-2009, 02:57 PM
Eventually we will bring a fitting maschine to the comp, But i am not sure yet. If we have the maschine there you can use it. Just come to our pit and we will check that

Thomas